• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will It Happen

Joe Coppinger

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a real date for production and delivery? This product seems great but everytime the date get "pushed back" it seems all that's being sold is expensive T-shirts.

There's not much to this thing and if it takes another two years - I can build my own, there's alot of honda motors & trannys out there..

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a real date for production and delivery? This product seems great but everytime the date get "pushed back" it seems all that's being sold is expensive T-shirts.

There's not much to this thing and if it takes another two years - I can build my own, there's alot of honda motors & trannys out there..
I take it you're not one of the patient ones. It takes time to build it right the first time. After all they aren't building just one, they are building many plus setting up an assembly plant, getting laws changed. The whole idea is to succeed by doing it right the first time. By all means, build your own and then send us pictures so we can see what you have done. We have several people on here who are both buying an Elio and building their own 3 wheeler. They don't seem at all concerned about delays and neither am I. Delays are a part of real life. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the adventure. That makes it a lot more fun. :) Z

Last edited:

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow you must be one hell of builder.............I've built several NASCAR late models from scratch, with a 4 man crew and that took 6 months, and I only had to build one at a time.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whenever I see claims that others could build a better car than Elio, I think of the Mark Wahlberg quote from Pain and Gain: "Delta Force could do this in 53 seconds but with our athletic superiority, it should only take us 40."

Joe Coppinger

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate all the comments, especially Wahlberg. However owning a 1969 Ford for too many years - sad to say I've developed many skills that I never imagined that I'd know at this age.. Cool thing about NASCAR is they have dimension rules and this vehicle won't exceed 750Hp (torque does wonders to a frame) so the basics of frame construction is the "easy" part - it's more difficult for the skin (outer shell).

Patience isn't the real concern - Ford, GM, & Chrysler they are the concern. First to market is always the pace setter. A little known fact Ford registered the Falcon name mere hours before GM and the Falcon was the first Mustang (frame and drive line)

What Paul has done is identify a market and a true niche. The big 3 are paying attention and they have the resources to make this a posibility. If they chose this option they could place a demand on the market for materials which could (more than likely based from greed) raise the price of the raw materials to create the Elio.

People got to think big picture and what really exist - the Elio could put a hurt serious hurt in the used car market. The "and" car concept will allow the "weekend or pride car" to remain at home while the "and" car is the primary driven vehicle (motorcycle or car - still will exceed)

"Pride" car stays newer longer, more used cars on the market equals less new car sales..

Remember 1976 US automakers were still producing big cars with terrible fuel milage and then there was this little Honda Cvcc.. Then 1982... As Paul Harvey would say "The rest of the story"..

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow you must be one hell of builder.............I've built several NASCAR late models from scratch, with a 4 man crew and that took 6 months, and I only had to build one at a time.
Genebee, welcome to the forum and for your willingness to jump into the discussions. Thanks for you comments because they are important in bringing reality to some of the comments made by others. Building a new car from scratch is much more extensive than many people believe. The forum has a diverse membership with diverse expertise. Thanks for bringing another level of experience. We look forward to you comments and opinions. Welcome to this historic journey.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome new folk.
It will be interesting to see how the big three and the imports respond to a car that cost as much as the wheels and tires on some of their models. Right now I think their in a wait and see mode.
Paul is banking on market demand and commonsense to wedge Elio into its place in the public's eye.
All good points and what makes this forum so enjoyable.
MK

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Please post pictures when you are done. I would love to see what you build and how much it cost you.

Top Bottom