• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will It Happen

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Genebee, welcome to the forum and for your willingness to jump into the discussions. Thanks for you comments because they are important in bringing reality to some of the comments made by others. Building a new car from scratch is much more extensive than many people believe. The forum has a diverse membership with diverse expertise. Thanks for bringing another level of experience. We look forward to you comments and opinions. Welcome to this historic journey.

Thanks for the welcome.
I guess I should have introduced my self first. I just can't help myself when people make absurd comments on the build process when they have no concept of the complexity of such a undertaking......GB

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum an congratulations on being "All-in". My bet is delivery will commence some time in 2016. Could be January, could be December, but some time in 2016.

Having done some design and manufacturing of much simpler devices myself, I knew their promised dates were shear fantasy when I went "All-in". You can tell by my signature I still think they are optimistic. Nonetheless I did and do think that Mr. Elio and crew are on the right path and will deliver. It just takes patience and perseverance.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been getting a lot of mail, 'E' mail that is, about going all in, 50% added to the money down, the engine, what color, and on and on. I just want to know WHEN! Went all in last year and was told the last quarter of this year, now it's next year. What's happening.. That's what we want to know!

How about it???

Welcome to the forum. At this point in time, the answer is "fall of 2015". What EM is striving to do is monumental. Since they don't have a reliable crystal ball, there have been a few delays. Please feel free to use the "search" function to find discussions that are related to your questions. If your want real answers, e-mail Elio motors directly.

Joe Coppinger

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I guess I must be one of the few gearheads in marketing on this site. Seems my knowledge of history and profession combined with my skill gives to insight to what could happen to the Elio - check out the Lightstar or Pulse - the original concept was great (1984 was too) great fuel milage and top end - (but a different type but close concept), utilizing the same philosophy for wind deflection to increase mile per gallon. (google it's a great tool)

However getting "off the ground" was the push here to.. The orders were there, they just fumbled the ball..

There comes a point that the engineers & bean counters need to work on the production floor.. More or less at some point a date has to be set and pushed forward.

In the 80's fuel mileage wasn't mandated like today the price of a vehicle isn't what it is today (I remember a 79' Pontiac Bonneville new for $6,800.00 with all the bells and whistles)..

The Elio has attention because it has a reasonable price, concept is quick and simple, build time could really be quick from a production standpoint.
The turn-around profit is fast (nothing setting on the lot more than 15 days)

Folks you can continue with the "hate" all you want. If it makes you feel better more superior great I'm all for people who need that little extra, but the physics of marketing still remain .. Got to get this to the market - you need sales..

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a real date for production and delivery? This product seems great but everytime the date get "pushed back" it seems all that's being sold is expensive T-shirts.

There's not much to this thing and if it takes another two years - I can build my own, there's alot of honda motors & trannys out there..

If you start buying Chromolly steel tubing today and start designing a jig fixture by Monday, you'll finish your own personal 3 wheeled car before EM does.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please post pictures when you are done. I would love to see what you build and how much it cost you.

Very old saying, my friend. . . . . But good things come to those who wait; so be patient my friend, Rome wasn't built in a day. . . . . Not even in a year or 2. o_O

Our Elio's are in the tube. . . . . , just NOT the birth canal yet. :p

Top Bottom