• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I am being smug (or just a hopeless optimist) but this actually works out better for me. I already have 5 cars currently insured (just got a new Fiat 3000 miles ago). My wife was already grumbling about the Elio (less driveway space for her car) and times are tight right now, so who knows in 16 months (optimist again) I might be in a better position to house and insure yet another vehicle.

When Paul hands you lemons......umm and you find someone else to hand you water, ice, sugar, and maybe a pitcher and some straws..
images8TW6E4P3.jpg
Ok.....That might Work!

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I am being smug (or just a hopeless optimist) but this actually works out better for me. I already have 5 cars currently insured (just got a new Fiat 3000 miles ago). My wife was already grumbling about the Elio (less driveway space for her car) and times are tight right now, so who knows in 16 months (optimist again) I might be in a better position to house and insure yet another vehicle.

When Paul hands you lemons......umm and you find someone else to hand you water, ice, sugar, and maybe a pitcher and some straws..
Well luck runs in the other direction for me. My Chrysler is dying. If production started in September, i would have had an Elio by next summer. My car will last till then i baby it. But that pos won't last two full seasons. I'm going to need a car before Elio can produce one for me. I can't afford two car payments. :(

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well luck runs in the other direction for me. My Chrysler is dying. If production started in September, i would have had an Elio by next summer. My car will last till then i baby it. But that pos won't last two full seasons. I'm going to need a car before Elio can produce one for me. I can't afford two car payments. :(
Yea, my Subaru died a couple of months ago, I was pissed the Elio was still way to far away to wait, so now I have a brand-new car and another on the way, so in my case it might work out better. That being said Id take delivery on the Elio tonight if it was possible.

evboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
anyone disagree that another delay and elio loses the plant and this thing folds. They are going to put someone else in that plant, if there is another delay past the 2016 new date. this is like escape from alcatraz when that one prisoner cant reach the ceiling and cant escape with the rest of them. we are past the planning stage and its now lights out and time to try your escape.

Reactions: Ekh

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
anyone disagree that another delay and elio loses the plant and this thing folds. They are going to put someone else in that plant, if there is another delay past the 2016 new date. this is like escape from alcatraz when that one prisoner cant reach the ceiling and cant escape with the rest of them. we are past the planning stage and its now lights out and time to try your escape.

Mid 2016 does seem like its a shit or get off the pot moment. At least we will know what will happen soon enough.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, but the guy who didn't escape lived. Bold moves are sometimes counter productive- yes, i know they never "proved" they didn't make it, Remember O.J. they never proved he killed his wife!!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
As Elio tends to announce delays about half a year prior to planned production I am waiting till late summer this year, if there is another announced delay I will be declaring Elio dead to me and buy something else.

I know that unfortunately you are going to need some new transportation however late summer may be a bit early to really know unless we see little or no movement at all.

I would estimate that the end of this year is when EM's window of opportunity really closes fast. This is when people likely will, and with good reason, begin bailing out on this dream. Without substantial progress in vehicle development and production funding by the end of this year the chances of EM making the mid 2016 deadline are slim as it is highly likely that sometime in the first quarter of 2016 EM will hit a hard deadline where RACER Trust and IRG tell them to put up or shut up.

I highly doubt there will be another delay announcement unless it is obvious things are really on track as EM would have to convince RACER Trust and IRG that they are really set for production. If EM were to hit that 'put up or shut up' moment and lose control of the plant I would bet the investors move to sell, or more likely liquidate, EM as an attempt to recoup whatever they can.

Hopefully we do not have to test these scenarios and EM is able to work things out this year via the ATVM loan program and/or private investment. It is only January so they have plenty of time to show the needed progress this year. There is still plenty of time before things become desperate. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom