• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will They Go In To Production?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you folks think other funding options are? Private funding is always a possibility but that has been tries for years but has not worked. Hence the reason for the ATVM loan application.

The only other option I can think of is a very large selling of stock, similar to an IPO. (NYSE Market?) (I don't know if it would be called an IPO since some shares have already been sold under Reg A+)

This is all I can think of. Does anyone else know of other options? I sure hope there are other options.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The following was posted by me August 3, 2016. Obviously I am looking for a ray of hope.

Is Elio Motors going to offer a large amount of stock for sale? It appears so, but it seems surprising quiet. I had read that EM had made a post on Facebook regarding the matter but I was unable to find it. They filed Form 10-12B with the securities and exchange commission for the sale of stock. This can be seen at:

http://pdf.secdatabase.com/141/0001214659-16-012757.pdf

The filing date is 2016-07-25.The exchange is NYSE MKT. I was familiar with NYSE but not MYSE MKT so I looked it up and read:

“It is a market for young companies with a small market capitalisation.”

“The NYSE MKT is the NYSE’s emerging company marketplace for smaller-cap companies. NYSE MKT has lower listing requirements that the NYSE.”

“NYSE gathers big players, while NYSE MKT is a market for “young companies with a small market capitalisation” dedicated to “helping them grow”.”

This sounds to me, who is not financially savvy, like an IPO, except stock had already been sold under REG A. I don’t know what this is called. There was a strong feeling on this forum by many that EM did not qualify for an IPO.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe EM has a list of possible funding and is going through the list starting with the best choice and moving to the next one as each possible funding fails to produce money. His favorite is private funding. He has mentioned that government funding, like the ATVM loan, includes lots of bureaucratic paper work. At St Vincent college (?) he was asked if he would have an IPO. He replied "Only if I have to".

His first choice, private funding, has failed.
He is on his second choice, ATVM loan.
The last option is an IPO.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The following was posted by me August 3, 2016. Obviously I am looking for a ray of hope.

Is Elio Motors going to offer a large amount of stock for sale? It appears so, but it seems surprising quiet. I had read that EM had made a post on Facebook regarding the matter but I was unable to find it. They filed Form 10-12B with the securities and exchange commission for the sale of stock. This can be seen at:

http://pdf.secdatabase.com/141/0001214659-16-012757.pdf

The filing date is 2016-07-25.The exchange is NYSE MKT. I was familiar with NYSE but not MYSE MKT so I looked it up and read:

“It is a market for young companies with a small market capitalisation.”

“The NYSE MKT is the NYSE’s emerging company marketplace for smaller-cap companies. NYSE MKT has lower listing requirements that the NYSE.”

“NYSE gathers big players, while NYSE MKT is a market for “young companies with a small market capitalisation” dedicated to “helping them grow”.”

This sounds to me, who is not financially savvy, like an IPO, except stock had already been sold under REG A. I don’t know what this is called. There was a strong feeling on this forum by many that EM did not qualify for an IPO.
NYSE MKT is actually the old American Stock Exchange, now owned by the NYSE. Technically, the Reg A+ was an IPO (Initial Public Offering), since the shares were sold to the public without restrictions. The Form 10 registers the company and starts additional filing requirements under a different section the law. Any further offering would be considered a "secondary." Which has no real significance except to securities nerds.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know this... given how things have dragged on, it seems increasingly likely that, despite my deposits/reservations on Elio, Arcimoto, and Solo, I will be waiting on the Tesla Model 3, and it will be my only vehicle. The "time to market" has been abysmal for these disruptive vehicles. The timetables far exceed the public's attention spans. They wither and die before they even blossom.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know this... given how things have dragged on, it seems increasingly likely that, despite my deposits/reservations on Elio, Arcimoto, and Solo, I will be waiting on the Tesla Model 3, and it will be my only vehicle. The "time to market" has been abysmal for these disruptive vehicles. The timetables far exceed the public's attention spans. They wither and die before they even blossom.
The 1 1/2 year timetable of the EMV's Solo production process has been impressive. EMV has 10 + completed and tested pre-production SOLOs, planning to start production SOLO builds in May, 2 Solo Stores open for business, production facilities tooled, parts inventoried, and employees trained and ready to assemble.

Certainly EMV's SOLO time table to market is not abysmal compared to EM's and Arcimoto's 10 year anniversary.

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It has been a long wait for the Elio, almost 3 years for me. The Elio should have been manufactured as a low volume higher cost vehicle first, then scaled up. I did believe that Elio had a deeper capital stock to draw from, considering the planned production volume.
I guess my $1000 is gone...

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's been a long haul for some, including me, but I've been amazed at how many reservation holders have thrown up their hands, and taken up the woe is me it will never happen way.
I prefer to not give up till Paul tells me to. I reserved a second Elio in Jan. and received my T shirt yesterday.

Top Bottom