• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will We Recieve Car Order Information?

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So 4th quarter of 2015 is the projected start of production that would be October of next year on my calendar. Build all the cars for the big ticket reservation holders and then move back to the 500 and 250's to us $100 folk and it should be close to 2016 by my guess. I can't remember wanting anything more than this. Well driving a vehicle anyway...

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is a post from several months ago, when Elio was saying 1st quarter 2015. Now it is 3rd quarter 2015. A lot of us thought it would be January 2015.

I was all in when it was the 2nd quarter of 2014. You might see your Elio in 2016 if the DOE loan goes through.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was all in when it was the 2nd quarter of 2014. You might see your Elio in 2016 if the DOE loan goes through.

I put down my all in in February 2014.

If they stick to 3rd quarter 2015 as the start, I expect to see it late 2015, early 2016. Somewhere on this forum is a chart where you can see when you went in and when yours will be built at the factory speed. Plus, part of their end of the deal is reserved owners are guaranteed one in the 1st year of production. That means they have until 3rd quarter 2016 to get all the reserved units out to their owners. When I went in, the Elio had less than 10k reservations so even though I have not put down 1k, I'm still toward the front 40% or so

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guaranteed? I'd be careful with that. You're not guaranteed anything, except the shirt, a bumper sticker, and a number.

Not guaranteed but those of us who like certainty wouldn't have put any money down. But any company who makes claims they cannot fulfill do not do well. I believe Elio is honestly working hard to make this happen as they've made some bold promises

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guaranteed? I'd be careful with that. You're not guaranteed anything, except the shirt, a bumper sticker, and a number.
Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, ( fingers drumming on the counter ) waiting on T-shirt and bumper sticker. Still waiting, maybe today in the mail? I know, I'm being impatient. ( to self: it's coming, just relax already! )

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, ( fingers drumming on the counter ) waiting on T-shirt and bumper sticker. Still waiting, maybe today in the mail? I know, I'm being impatient. ( to self: it's coming, just relax already! )
It wasn't in the mail! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! ( to self: Calm down crazy person! It will get here when it gets here! )

Top Bottom