• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will We Recieve Car Order Information?

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I put down my non refundable $100 the other day. The order said we will be contacted by the company down the road to select the options we want and order the car. Does anyone know when we will be contacted? If the car begins production in January of 2015, I'd expect to be contacted in the fall or around Christmastime but that's only a random guess.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have a contact email or phone number for Elio where I can get this question answered?

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not see any definite contact date, it looks like it all depends on reservations and progress at the plant. It would be nice to see one under Christmas Tree this year.

Reactions: JP

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not see any definite contact date, it looks like it all depends on reservations and progress at the plant. It would be nice to see one under Christmas Tree this year.

I'm just trying to get a feel for when I can be expecting to get the car. Got to contact the insurance agent, get plates, and figure out if I want to ship it or go pick it up. Lots to do but I figure it's a while away but I'd like to know by Xmas if I'm definitely going to be getting the car or so I can brag about it to all my family :p

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just trying to get a feel for when I can be expecting to get the car. Got to contact the insurance agent, get plates, and figure out if I want to ship it or go pick it up. Lots to do but I figure it's a while away but I'd like to know by Xmas if I'm definitely going to be getting the car or so I can brag about it to all my family :p
I know exactly how you feel, we are all in the same boat. It will be great when we here of things moving at the plant.

Otis

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I apologize if this question has been answered, I looked through the forum for a while this morning and didn't find a thread addressing it. I thought I had read previously that Elio gets with you after you get your "number in line" and ask the specifics of color, transmission, other options, etc. I got my number Mar. 20 but haven't heard anything else since. I'm just curious if this is where everyone else is.
After getting your number in line, has that been your last contact from Elio?
Thank you.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I apologize if this question has been answered, I looked through the forum for a while this morning and didn't find a thread addressing it. I thought I had read previously that Elio gets with you after you get your "number in line" and ask the specifics of color, transmission, other options, etc. I got my number Mar. 20 but haven't heard anything else since. I'm just curious if this is where everyone else is.
After getting your number in line, has that been your last contact from Elio?
Thank you.
I've heard they contact owners 60 days prior to production of their vehicle. I don't know where this information come from, so can't verify it's accuracy, much like most things!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard they contact owners 60 days prior to production of their vehicle. I don't know where this information come from, so can't verify it's accuracy, much like most things!

60 days is correct and here it is straight from Elio Motors:

Q. When I made my reservation, there wasn’t a spot to pick my color or options… what gives?

• This is a popular question that creates a lot of emails. The reservation gets you a spot in line (and some other benefits) for an Elio. The next fun step will be when you get to actually “make” your Elio! So here is how it is going to work for reservation holders at all levels: about 60 days before your Elio is scheduled to be built you will receive an email that contains a link to your own personal Elio page. On this page you will get to choose what your Elio will be: color, transmission, options… everything! We are even looking into technology that will allow you to see your vehicle with color and options live on the screen as you build it. Once you submit that we will plug it into our build plan and make an Elio especially for you!
http://blog.eliomotors.com/readers-choice-friday/

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I put down my non refundable $100 the other day. The order said we will be contacted by the company down the road to select the options we want and order the car. Does anyone know when we will be contacted? If the car begins production in January of 2015, I'd expect to be contacted in the fall or around Christmastime but that's only a random guess.

Where did you hear January 2015?

Top Bottom