• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ha! I guess it wasn't clear and you have to read all the threads.o_O If he keep his old car and nursed it until he has an Elio he would not have two loans. As opposed to buying a car to replace the old car now and then buying an Elio when they go into production.:) Then get rid of the junker old car.
Ahh. I have been reading all the old threads and I'm pretty sure that JP was saying that his current ride isn't going to make it too much longer. I'm trying to hold off, but with each new delay it's getting harder and harder to believe that my car will make it. I go through a quart of oil every few weeks and a quart of transmission fluid 3-4 times per year. The heater fan has been making some interesting noises of late (heat isn't really an option in Colorado!), cruise control is gone, and the engine sounds like it's boiling after a long drive even though the temperature gauge shows its not running any hotter than usual and antifreeze is just about the only thing that doesn't leak... The trunk release cable broke and the car only unlocks from the passenger side. Significant body (and probably frame) damage getting t-boned in 2012. Of course, I need a new front-end alignment and windshield, but who wants to put that kind of money that could blow up tomorrow?
This is the car that I drive 700 miles per week in. Is there any wonder I want my Elio now? :)

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Valentine's day is coming soon. You remember the Caddo parish commissioner who initiated the lawsuit that worked against elio? Perhaps someone will send a dozen dead flowers to her for valentine's day. I understand there are companies who do this sort of thing.

Sounds like an excellent way to dump a girlfriend

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh. I have been reading all the old threads and I'm pretty sure that JP was saying that his current ride isn't going to make it too much longer. I'm trying to hold off, but with each new delay it's getting harder and harder to believe that my car will make it. I go through a quart of oil every few weeks and a quart of transmission fluid 3-4 times per year. The heater fan has been making some interesting noises of late (heat isn't really an option in Colorado!), cruise control is gone, and the engine sounds like it's boiling after a long drive even though the temperature gauge shows its not running any hotter than usual and antifreeze is just about the only thing that doesn't leak... The trunk release cable broke and the car only unlocks from the passenger side. Significant body (and probably frame) damage getting t-boned in 2012. Of course, I need a new front-end alignment and windshield, but who wants to put that kind of money that could blow up tomorrow?
This is the car that I drive 700 miles per week in. Is there any wonder I want my Elio now? :)

Sounds like you will need a new ride before next year.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How can the engine test bump everyone to 10?

As most of us have stated, the main thing is financing. Without that nothing will happen

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How can the engine test bump everyone to 10?

As most of us have stated, the main thing is financing. Without that nothing will happen
The engine lifted me to 50% because of how important it is to influencing investors . Until now it was a dream an idea. Now should the testing play out it is a major miles stone reached. If there is a investor that was looking to get onboard for some major cash the engine may just be what it takes to get them to hit the send key. News gets out about the engine it should bring in a few more reservations. That can't hurt.
Government loan Guarantee the engine could well influence that . ELIO prototype has been running around awhile but it lacked an engine .
The plan has now moved close to being real.
There is one goal I would love to see ELIO miss. That is production numbers . If ELIO were to sign up so many reservations, have so many standing in line for one that they could not met the production numbers.
ELIO #8019 shows up it will be parked at work ,home, and few bike events I do attend and anyone that wants to try it out I will allow it. Second day it is here I will hand Granddaughter the keys and let her take it to school to let others see it.

Top Bottom