• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that my opinion of the likelihood of the Elio getting built has changed much, but my likelihood of purchasing went down a few notches with the Pep Boys announcement. I'm not going to buy a car that the nearest warranty service center is 70 miles away...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Give them time. They have INITIALLY identified a maintenance solution to 90% of their potential owners. It's a little premature to pull the plug on this issue. Elio is aware of the need to find maintenance service locations for all their customers

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not pulling the plug; I'm just not pulling the trigger until I see this issue resolved. I've seen a lot of companies consider 90% "good enough" and not worry about trying to catch the other 30 million people in the US.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not pulling the plug; I'm just not pulling the trigger until I see this issue resolved. I've seen a lot of companies consider 90% "good enough" and not worry about trying to catch the other 30 million people in the US.
I understand your hesitation. Remember, this company will have more service centers than quite a few manufacturers and is working on resolving issues for the rest. Volkswagen gets by on their dealership network which doesn't cover as much. I'm sure Elio will get you covered though it might take a little while.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand your hesitation. Remember, this company will have more service centers than quite a few manufacturers and is working on resolving issues for the rest. Volkswagen gets by on their dealership network which doesn't cover as much. I'm sure Elio will get you covered though it might take a little while.
People bring that up, but it doesn't change the fact that my town does have a VW dealership, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, BMW. In a 10 mile radius, most major car manufacturers are covered. In a 25 mile radius, they all are. I don't live in a small town in the middle of nowhere (any more). I'm in a small city with a D-Ia university.
Pep Boys may have a lot of service centers, but they aren't distributed very well. The nearest one is 70 miles away, but there are 5 of them in that metro area. There are 2 just a few miles apart in Colorado Springs, but none of the other Colorado cities has one.

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People bring that up, but it doesn't change the fact that my town does have a VW dealership, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, BMW. In a 10 mile radius, most major car manufacturers are covered. In a 25 mile radius, they all are. I don't live in a small town in the middle of nowhere (any more). I'm in a small city with a D-Ia university.
Pep Boys may have a lot of service centers, but they aren't distributed very well. The nearest one is 70 miles away, but there are 5 of them in that metro area. There are 2 just a few miles apart in Colorado Springs, but none of the other Colorado cities has one.
You may find that Pepboys may start expanding to cover the top 60 markets. It would be easy to do with the additional revenue they will get by having this partnership. It may even be part of there contract with Elio. That growth is probably contingent on Elio making it to the market in the first place though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may find that Pepboys may start expanding to cover the top 60 markets. It would be easy to do with the additional revenue they will get by having this partnership. It may even be part of there contract with Elio. That growth is probably contingent on Elio making it to the market in the first place though.
That would work for me, depending on how fast the ramp up would be. Of course, building a new garage in a new city isn't exactly a trivial task, between locating real estate, permitting, and then actual construction and hiring.

The devil's advocate question: if growth of Pep Boys facilities into new markets was part of the contract, wouldn't that have been mentioned in the release?

Top Bottom