• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good to see some of you are still around. Is there much talk over there, or has it died off?

About Elio? Nothing to recent.....I haven't been on there a ton either. Geo Metro Forum has about 16k members I believe. Its actually one hell of a forum if there isn't a pissing match about cars. lol.

Check it out and shoot shit in the lounge. Go to the mechanic section and learn about the engine and trans the elio will have if it is made.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a little busy lately. Still getting good gas mileage.

We may enjoy picking on you Geo guys over here but as you have now seen most of us are really quite friendly and enjoy new faces popping in from time to time. You guys also know more about these types of engines than many of the members around here so that works well for us. :cool:

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About Elio? Nothing to recent.....I haven't been on there a ton either. Geo Metro Forum has about 16k members I believe. Its actually one hell of a forum if there isn't a pissing match about cars. lol.

Check it out and shoot shit in the lounge. Go to the mechanic section and learn about the engine and trans the elio will have if it is made.
Do they talk about the AIV engine that hasn't been produced yet or the 3 banger in the Metro that is similar?

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We may enjoy picking on you Geo guys over here but as you have now seen most of us are really quite friendly and enjoy new faces popping in from time to time. You guys also know more about these types of engines than many of the members around here so that works well for us. :cool:

I don't know what you can really pick on us for......maybe because we drive 3 cylinder vehicles that get great gas mileage? Wait....isnt that what you guys are trying to do. :D

And like I said, check out the forum. I think the engine will be damn near identical....just for some newer upgrades. - all assuming the car is built. Still very skeptical.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I'm picking up here and in other forums is a lot of doubt because the ENTIRE business isn't in place yet. This is a large, complex beast ... complex supplier chain, need for wide-spread service and parts availability, some very expensive engineering solutions PLUS those two hard numbers, 68 and 84. You're welcome to doubts -- and I have some myself -- but to EXPECT Rome to be up and running 4 years after it was founded ... well, how spoiled rotten are we?

This project -- and it is a project, not quite a business yet -- is immense, complex, and risky. So give the team a chance. And expect a few let-downs along the way.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I'm picking up here and in other forums is a lot of doubt because the ENTIRE business isn't in place yet. This is a large, complex beast ... complex supplier chain, need for wide-spread service and parts availability, some very expensive engineering solutions PLUS those two hard numbers, 68 and 84. You're welcome to doubts -- and I have some myself -- but to EXPECT Rome to be up and running 4 years after it was founded ... well, how spoiled rotten are we?

This project -- and it is a project, not quite a business yet -- is immense, complex, and risky. So give the team a chance. And expect a few let-downs along the way.
One thing I have observed on this forum is you get what you look for. If you look at the 42 pages of comments and expect a lot of doubt, that is what you will see. On the other hand, when I look at that same 42 pages of comments I don't see a lot of doubt. Usually the doubts start popping up when someone starts ranting about how bad things are and how we are being taken and blah, blah, blah. There will always be a few people who follow that kind of leader for a time. Then they usually wake up and realize what an amazing journey we are on and get back on the band wagon. I simply choose to stay on the band wagon all the time. But then as my older son tells me, my glass is never half empty, isn't even half full, but is always 3/4 full. It works for me. So I am a 10 out of 10 if you absolutely insist on my staying within that framework. Otherwise, I'm a 20 out 10. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom