• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would work for me, depending on how fast the ramp up would be. Of course, building a new garage in a new city isn't exactly a trivial task, between locating real estate, permitting, and then actual construction and hiring.

The devil's advocate question: if growth of Pep Boys facilities into new markets was part of the contract, wouldn't that have been mentioned in the release?
I don't think so if it was contingent on making it to market and then Elio setting up their store fronts. Pepboys will likely not invest much until they start seeing increased revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are stuck in their garages trying to get those POS's to work properly. :D:cool:

They went back to Dagobah.............. :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagobah
Dagobah, in the Sluis sector, is a world of murky swamps, steaming bayous, and petrified gnarltree forests. The ubiquitous white spiders that roam the swamps are actually newly sprouted seedlings of the gnarltrees that will take root and grow.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With 10 being the point you thought this car was a go, when you first became interested, what is your number now, and most importantly, how many days has it been since you jumped in?

My # is 7 and the days are 17

So you can say my assurance the car will be built has dropped 3 points in 17 days.
I went all in for $250 on 11/10/13, and then the full $1k on 2/22/14. At first I thought it was a bit of a long shot (2), now I am pretty certain this will happen.(10)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People bring that up, but it doesn't change the fact that my town does have a VW dealership, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, BMW. In a 10 mile radius, most major car manufacturers are covered. In a 25 mile radius, they all are. I don't live in a small town in the middle of nowhere (any more). I'm in a small city with a D-Ia university.
Pep Boys may have a lot of service centers, but they aren't distributed very well. The nearest one is 70 miles away, but there are 5 of them in that metro area. There are 2 just a few miles apart in Colorado Springs, but none of the other Colorado cities has one.
If they are franchise owned, it would make sense that a successful local owner would build one close enough by to get customers while not so far away as to make managing it a hassle. Your town sounds like a great candidate for a franchise. It's probably only a matter of time before you get one. But, who knows? If the money is there, someone will step in.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But up until Apr 30th, it was really up in the air for Elio? Now they are pretty much guaranteed?

I had brought this press clipping to the attention of Elio. Today they responded that "there are no changes in our plans for the Shreveport plant." So it is definitely full speed ahead .... maybe, given the difficulties of starting up anything of this size.

Top Bottom