• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I jumped in with an 8 and it is still and 8 for me. Delays are to be expected, I remember all the discussion of the Tesla S being vaporware for a long time. My concern is that this is different from Tesla in that Elon Musk had deep pockets, but this venture is just scraping by.

I ordered 22 days ago.
Whoa, just searched and found I was an 8 so long ago, probably dipped to a 6 or 7 when previous delays were announced, will be back up to an 8 if P5-10 are built by Sept/Oct 2015. 9 when Elio announces P series are locked in for production and meeting design goals. 10 when AVTM loan comes in.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whoa, just searched and found I was an 8 so long ago, probably dipped to a 6 or 7 when previous delays were announced, will be back up to an 8 if P5-10 are built by Sept/Oct 2015. 9 when Elio announces P series are locked in for production and meeting design goals. 10 when AVTM loan comes in.

Successful testing = ATVM.....

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM stated a few months for the P5 Build, so one P build by Sept/October is more likely with P6-10 a ways out.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
News of the P5 has little effect . The buzz around possibility raising capital through some low level crowd funding is very positive news. EILO does not lack a product it has one. Elio does not lack a market I think they have an open door it is up to them and us to keep it open. They do not lack a reachable dream they have had that awhile now. They LACK cash ELIO needs cash and a lot of it. Anything that signals they may have away to get it flowing in is great news.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
News of the P5 means absolutely nothing. That design should have been finalized a year ago. I believe the release was really nothing more than a, "The natives are restless, what do we do? Show 'em a pretty picture!" move. As such, it means that they've no other good news and they're not likely to have any anytime soon.

I'm down to a 1.

Still love the concept (that's the only reason I'm still around), but I've very little faith in Paul Elio's ability to pull this off.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm grateful to all of you that have committed to invest as much as you can or even can't afford to help get the Elio in my driveway. The crowd funding option is a good investment opportunity to a get rich quick retirement plan. Go EM! CrowdFund quote, "Imagine if someone had offered to allow you to invest in Tesla Motors in 2010."

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm grateful to all of you that have committed to invest as much as you can or even can't afford to help get the Elio in my driveway. The crowd funding option is a good investment opportunity to a get rich quick retirement plan. Go EM! CrowdFund quote, "Imagine if someone had offered to allow you to invest in Tesla Motors in 2010."
There is a slight difference. EM does not have $300M to loose each year. http://www.bnn.ca/Stock.aspx?pi_symbol=TSLA.O
Elon Musk has SpaceX and a $10B NASA contract. The value of Tesla is based on Musk's track record and the future, not on Tesla's consistent losses.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am a 1 down from a 6. I would be a zero but I am 1K all in so I have to maintain some hope. I think the momentum for the car is on the down side and for what ever reason the ATVM loan is not coming through. I think the combination of a lack of capital plus lobbying by the auto industry plus PE not wanting to give up control to the money men (can't blame him) are killing the car. I really think this concept would be good for so many reasons and if I could go back in time I still would have invested in the idea. Holding out a flicker but not spending a great deal of time contemplating this or this web site. I will buy my next car with no regard to what happens to EM. Good luck and may the odds be ever in our fortune LOL...

Top Bottom