• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where's The Beef?

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, let's talk colors. Here's a no cost way of snazzing up your Elio. You have one color car and someone else has a different color. You meet some afternoon and swap fenders, hoods and rear hatch covers.

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Color wise, Elio offers what, 7 colors? The "any color you like" is a fragile short term vinyl cover.

As for time it hasn't been that long relative to Elio and their insistence on secrecy. I said before to give them until fall for an update and I stand by it. If they don't have anything to say before the first frost then I assume this last hurdle was just too great. We all know they won't survive much longer without getting started.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple of months ago at a new conference Paul said he would be releasing some new info about now. Has anyone heard anything new from him or Elio? I don't know about all of you, but I'm tired of being totally in the dark. What are they doing with that $2.5 mil they got a while back. Where are the prototypes they were going to build? I'm sick of the "we can't talk about it" bs. What the hell is happening? :mad2:

Where's the beef? Due to the new tariffs there is a over abundance of beef and chicken, so you shouldn't have any problems in the future.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would take a look at the Elio Motors web site to refresh my memory as to the price of those vinyl covering. I seldom look at it. After waiting an excessively long time for it to load it finally came up. I tried to log in but it wouldn't let me. So, after a few tries I figured I might be using an incorrect password so I typed in my email and requested the password. After several tries I got no response. Then I thought... oh well, I probably don't need to log in anyway for this, so I went to the "configurator" and clicked on it... more than once. This wouldn't open either. The bottom line is, Elio is not maintaining their web site.

The first time I saw it I could see quite a few errors in its construction starting with the home page. FYI, search engines do not recognize images and graphics.... only text. Their home page should start at the top with a text message using as many key words as they can work in. It should be data base driven... it ain't. But enough of that, I'm not here to redesign their site, although someone should. How can they expect anyone looking at their site for the first time to take their car seriously if the darn web site doesn't even work?

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would take a look at the Elio Motors web site to refresh my memory as to the price of those vinyl covering. I seldom look at it. After waiting an excessively long time for it to load it finally came up. I tried to log in but it wouldn't let me. So, after a few tries I figured I might be using an incorrect password so I typed in my email and requested the password. After several tries I got no response. Then I thought... oh well, I probably don't need to log in anyway for this, so I went to the "configurator" and clicked on it... more than once. This wouldn't open either. The bottom line is, Elio is not maintaining their web site.

The first time I saw it I could see quite a few errors in its construction starting with the home page. FYI, search engines do not recognize images and graphics.... only text. Their home page should start at the top with a text message using as many key words as they can work in. It should be data base driven... it ain't. But enough of that, I'm not here to redesign their site, although someone should. How can they expect anyone looking at their site for the first time to take their car seriously if the darn web site doesn't even work?
It's working fine on my computer. How about your adobe flash, is it up to date?

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio either has bandwidth issues or their flash is poor. It's been like this for a year or more however.

edit-- It is indeed working fine now which makes me think bandwidth. If I had to guess, and it's just a guess, but I imagine they are on a speed limited host. One that will throttle if it gets too much traffic rather than shut down or just overbill them.

I do also know that the site uses a decent amount of ram as my laptops HATE the site. They are pitiful however and Elio can't be held accountable for my frugality.

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trusting, since I didn't see answers for your original questions, I'll give it a shot.

The 2.5 million from Overstock is currently being used to pay off debts, or as the press release put it "Elio intends to use the proceeds of the new investment to fund capital expenditures and repay certain outstanding debt and accounts payable". As far as I'm aware, it was never meant to be used for E-Series production purposes, that's all for the upcoming ElioCoin... this is more or less about keeping the lights on and lawsuits away.

As of now, outside of the initial media blitz of the Overstock announcement, the Press Conference in Shreveport and the vehicle making the rounds during the Overstock Annual Meeting, it's been radio silence.

But in the Elio Press Conference from May, he made mention of strategic partnerships that he was hoping to reveal in a month or two. So if we hear any new information, one would think it should be coming here shortly (since two months by the time at that recording would be this month).

Also from everything I've read, Eliocoin is going to be traded through the tZero platform (owned by Patrick Byrne, who also owns Overstock), but unless I'm misunderstanding, tZero is still not ready to officially launch. They're doing their own STO, which is set to end on August 6th, so we may get more information on how/when Eliocoin will work/launch after that is concluded.

Top Bottom