• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Didnt They Make Automatic Standard?

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You just put it in the tires (like slime) only it's a much better product. It also helps keep tires balanced ☺

You can go to the ride-on site for an explanation of the science behind it.
Well, I know the website has loads of information, but I've never used this product. I was aware of it though. You have used it for years, and honestly, your opinion/experience with it means more to me than anything I can read on a website that's trying to convince me to buy it. That's what's great about this forum. Chances are someone here has been through, or used about anything we can think of. Knowing you have have used it, and were a repeat customer is all I need to know about it. Thank you.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Well, I know the website has loads of information, but I've never used this product. I was aware of it though. You have used it for years, and honestly, your opinion/experience with it means more to me than anything I can read on a website that's trying to convince me to buy it. That's what's great about this forum. Chances are someone here has been through, or used about anything we can think of. Knowing you have have used it, and were a repeat customer is all I need to know about it. Thank you.

On a side note... love your avatar pic combined with your user name. Great song!

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think was unfair not to say that in the beginning.

With the addition of servos, extra wiring (harness), computer programming, those costs have to be dealt with. This is going to be one sweet Elio! Very nice Paul Elio and team Elio for an affordable autocycle with superior fuel mileages @ 84 mpg, hwy :D
A grand way to go with this version of an auto trans to be effective, efficient, lower cost and keep weight down.

Sailor Mike

Reaction score
I think was unfair not to say that in the beginning.
I've always been under the impression that a manual would be the standard offering, and the automated manual (it's going to be the same 5 speed transmission, with an electro-mechanical shifting mechanism) would be optional, and at extra cost. I'm planning on sticking with the 5 speed, but if the electronic shifting of the automated manual is REALLY well programmed, I might go for it, as Tampa traffic really stinks, and my lower body has recently decided it would be fun to experiment with gout.

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the addition of servos, extra wiring (harness), computer programming, those costs have to be dealt with. This is going to be one sweet Elio! Very nice Paul Elio and team Elio for an affordable autocycle with superior fuel mileages @ 84 mpg, hwy :D
A grand way to go with this version of an auto trans to be effective, efficient, lower cost and keep weight down.
Could the auto trans be added/bolted/wired on as a after market solution, say at a Pep boys or a marshaling center?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've always been under the impression that a manual would be the standard offering, and the automated manual (it's going to be the same 5 speed transmission, with an electro-mechanical shifting mechanism) would be optional, and at extra cost. I'm planning on sticking with the 5 speed, but if the electronic shifting of the automated manual is REALLY well programmed, I might go for it, as Tampa traffic really stinks, and my lower body has recently decided it would be fun to experiment with gout.

Top Bottom