• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Why Not Buy A Geo Metro Or 1st Gen Insight?

Ryan

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why put $1000 on a car that may not be built when you could put $1000-$3000 on a nice geo metro?
metro.jpg

That's why.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kind of ballsy. To come to a forum full of Elio enthusiasts, most of us have put money down and you essentially call us foolish for doing so. Not the best welcome

Not ballsy at all. Think of it this way. You are risking 1k for 500. Great if it works out. But this is also assuming that the price will be around $6800 and at 84 mpgs. No one knows where the 84mpgs come from....even people on here second guess that number.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roll down both windows and I can put my arms up in the air on both sides of the car, enjoying the wind like I'm riding a motorcycle. As a bonus, I have AC/heat and don't have to wear a helmet. It's got all the advantages of a motorcycle with none of the disadvantages. A Geo has gas mileage; that's it.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well lets be honest here. Your Elios don't get 84 mpg. They get infinite MPGs since you guys have to walk everywhere. :D

You guys do know the original Elio has a 3 cylider geo metro engine in it correct? A lot of the interior parts were the same.

Why do you call the Geo metro a pos? The only thing that really sucks on them is the rust issues. The engines are near bulletproof.

Utah jake - you say you have no time to waste on an older metro. That is an understandable argument, but how long have you been waiting for an Elio? Weren't they originally supposed to be out by now?

And I do hope I am wrong. If so I will buy one....but I don't see it happening.

Ty - To go out of business means you were actually in business. Also Elio wouldn't even be an idea if gas was still $1/gal. That is a big reason why metros aren't made any more.......Actually metros are still made in other countries.
Horn,i found out about the elio last week and did a lot of research i put $1000 down all in because i really believe this is a truly amazing car! I have a truck that will easily last 10 years while I wait for them to build my elio I am thinkin it will only take till next summer though. I have never been so happy to have such an amazing vehicle and yes I could afford a tesla that doesn't burn any fuel but it doesn't seem like it would ever pay off.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roll down both windows and I can put my arms up in the air on both sides of the car, enjoying the wind like I'm riding a motorcycle. As a bonus, I have AC/heat and don't have to wear a helmet. It's got all the advantages with none of the disadvantages. A Geo has none of that.

FAIL! Many geos had AC and all of them had heat. Also, I can haul an engine in the back of my metro. I can at least stick my arm out of 1 window. Also don't have to wear a helmet in my geo. Again the disadvantage is that there are maybe 10 in the world and who really knows if there will be more....

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horn,i found out about the elio last week and did a lot of research i put $1000 down all in because i really believe this is a truly amazing car! I have a truck that will easily last 10 years while I wait for them to build my elio I am thinkin it will only take till next summer though. I have never been so happy to have such an amazing vehicle and yes I could afford a tesla that doesn't burn any fuel but it doesn't seem like it would ever pay off.

I completely agree about the tesla. I wouldn't buy a new volt or prius either. YUCK! Like I've said, if the elio does actually get built, I will be looking to buy one.

I just don't put $1000 on thinking and feelings....Its gotta be facts that I can justify. Everyone has their own opinion of what is a justification.

Top Bottom