• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will It Happen

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you came to this with no resolve to wait until it is complete, you fooled yourself. How up to date are you on everything that has happened of note today? With all the positive press, stock sale, 25 E vehicles being built to test, the 100 Fleet Elios to be built (at the Shreveport factory) and sold, as well as the fact that there are over 51,000 reservations (and growing), how could you or anyone for that matter doubt the elio will be built.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you came to this with no resolve to wait until it is complete, you fooled yourself. How up to date are you on everything that has happened of note today? With all the positive press, stock sale, 25 E vehicles being built to test, the 100 Fleet Elios to be built (at the Shreveport factory) and sold, as well as the fact that there are over 51,000 reservations (and growing), how could you or anyone for that matter doubt the elio will be built.

I agree and I do believe that the Elio will be built. I feel they are taking the steps needed to get it done and they really underestimated what was going to be needed. Remember, the original "target" date was in 2014.

But, just playing Devil's Advocate here. None of these responses indicate how I feel, but just throwing out why some may doubt.

Positive press: How much of this is not being generated by Elio marketing themselves? Positive press on the idea for a cheap and efficient small vehicle is nothing new, the negative press is there as well. The positive press about the new partnerships is great, but without proof of tangible progress means little. Roush is not staking their reputation on the Elio, since if the Elio fails to get built no one is going to blame Roush. I bet they have prototyped other vehicles or equipment that did not eventually make it to the mass market. We do not have insight into their business dealings. If the Elio does not get built no one is going to blame MTX, Lear or Skyz.

Stock sale: Elio has the funds to build the E-series vehicles, great! Or has the money to buy a nice vacation home in the islands. This only proves that people are willing to put their money behind the company, which we already knew from the 50k reservations. The nay-sayers think this is exactly what Elio planned all along to get more money from the public.

25 E-series being built: Pictures of a line of frames, or multiple Es in various stages of finish would go a long way here. I can say that I am building 25 Elio clones in my garage too. Pictures or it didn't happen?

100 fleet Elios to be built in Shreveport: Planned to be built. They also plan to build 250,000 production models per year. And they planned to be in production in 2014. Plans change.

And even if the 25 Es get built and testing works out great, and the 100 fleet Elios get built and the customers love them, Elio is still $200,000,000 short of the funds they say they need to start actual production. Will the ATVM loan come through? Maybe, maybe not. Will Paul finally accept VC money, or keep the company in a holding pattern until his Powerball ticket hits? Who knows.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having followed the Elio closely since 2008, read all the Caddo Parrish Meeting Minutes regarding Elio Motors, watched funding and production progress from day one and since the announcement of the initial on schedule build of the 25 prototypes back in 2014 compare to where the P5 engineering/design freeze and E Build/testing is today........followed by EM's forward thinking statements regarding the Q4 2016 production of the 100 pre-production Elio's and production funding shortfall.........I admit to some doubt. It must be the Devil advocating the doubt. My doubt may vanish after the E build/testing and 100 pre-production Elio's roll out. Production funding may roll in after completion of those 2 critical milestone events. I anticipate and have 'hope' it will happen, but EM's Momentum states no guarantees, high risk, and that plans can change.........and has on a number of occasions.

Marketing and testing the waters then: Limited to no road testing, 0 reservations.
image.jpeg

Marketing and testing the waters now: Limited to no road testing. No ride and drive testing by 50,000 + reservationists.
image.jpeg

EM's experienced auto industry connected Board of Directors know exactly what's needed to get a vehicle to production........no under estimating on their part..............just plain good marketing strategy for creating excitement and locking in reservations. We will know more by mid to late summer. My true sense worth.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We all like to think so. Everything that you mentioned are all good and it shows good progress. EM have come this far to fail...still the funding is a big issue for them so it's a given that reasonable doubt exist no matter how positive one is. No matter how anybody thinks, it's a long wait until year end, so I say speculate all you want but in the end, the funding will dictate... and I don't really care where it comes from, if we are getting our ELIO in 2017 or beyond!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"IF" it were priced at $10K, I agree, It would still sell very well...BUT, It would also open up the marketplace for more competition. Any number of the big automakers would see the potential profitability and (easily) "jump in".
I suspect they'll be looking to compete regardless if it is viable. In fact, I just looked up the Meyer Duo which appears to headed down the same crowdfunding path. But for $30,000 per vehicle. I think the price point is critical.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect they'll be looking to compete regardless if it is viable. In fact, I just looked up the Meyer Duo which appears to headed down the same crowdfunding path. But for $30,000 per vehicle. I think the price point is critical.
I understand that Myer went bankrupt some time ago after buying out the bankrupt Corbin Motors. The Myer rights and his Corbin Sparrow inventory was bought out last year by the Canadian Car maker ElectraMeccanica. They are currently developing the Solo Three Wheeler EV concept on the Sparrow platform scheduled production of 120 Beta Solo' s late 2017. $15K US. $20K CAN
image.png

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand that Myer went bankrupt some time ago after buying out the bankrupt Corbin Motors, The Myer rights and the Corbin Sparrow inventory was bought out last year by the Canadian Car maker ElectraMeccanica. They are currently developing the Three Wheeler Solo EV concept on the Sparrow platform scheduled production of 120 Beta Solo' s late 2017. $15K US. $20K CAN
View attachment 8986
I hate old information on the net. Thanks for the update.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate old information on the net. Thanks for the update.
I've been following enclosed three wheeler concepts for 10+ years and still nothing to show for it but some fun turning to disappointing vaporware. I was rooting for the Corbin Sparrow 2 and the Myer NMG, but limited public acceptance of a three wheeler commuter vehicle, and EVs followed by the 2008 bust closed their doors. Currently rooting for the Elio, SRK, Solo, and the Tesla Model 3 having reservation deposits on 3 of the 4 Concepts. I may as well reserve a Solo too!

The ultimate fly the road concept that initially stirred my interest was the Persu 3 a tilting three wheeler that I should have logged a 100,000 miles on by now!
image.png

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been following enclosed three wheeler concepts for 10+ years and still nothing to show for it but some fun turning to disappointing vaporware. I was rooting for the Corbin Sparrow 2 and the Myer NMG, but limited public acceptance of a three wheeler commuter vehicle, and EVs followed by the 2008 bust closed their doors. Currently rooting for the Elio, SRK, Solo, and the Tesla Model 3 having reservation deposits on 3 of the 4 Concepts. I may as well reserve a Solo too!

The ultimate fly the road concept that initially stirred my interest was the Persu 3 a tilting three wheeler that I should have logged a 100,000 miles on by now!
View attachment 8987
I haven't been into three wheelers as long, but I did toy with the idea of the AutoMoto a few years ago. But it had no sides and I can't learn a foot shift with neuropathy.

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But if it can be done, why hasn't it happened yet!?!?!?:boink:
Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience is a virtue. Look at it as WHEN I will get my car, as opposed to WHAT IF. I know in my heart of hearts that Paul will not let us down. I saw it first hand in the company reps I talked to personally- their unending excitement and enthusiasm that you just can't fake. They are dedicated to this project to the end, and I took away some of that after I saw this incredible car in person. This one will DEFINITELY BE WORTH THE WAIT!

Top Bottom