• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Other Drivers See Us?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I probably will install some type of reflector on the back of my fenders. I think it maybe sort of a safety issue ,especially on a black Elio ,where a car passing may not fully see your front wheel. At night, I think they could all use it no matter what color though.
I had some black reflective tape. We used it on Air Ground Equipment in the Air Force. It looks black during the day but shined bright at night. I could see getting "Elio" or maybe just a patch type of shape put on the fenders. It would affect wind a lot less.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it bad that i can tell you the meaning and placement for different colors of reflectors on the side of the road but never stopped to think about what rules apply to vehicles?

Green on port side and red on starboard side applies equally to aircraft and to ships at sea. I think I will install a periscope and a tail rudder to my Elio. THAT will really confuse people enough to get me seen.

...as looney tuney. But hey.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Green on port side and red on starboard side applies equally to aircraft and to ships at sea. I think I will install a periscope and a tail rudder to my Elio. THAT will really confuse people enough to get me seen.

Red on port side and green on starboard side.;)

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Green? I had thought it was white for port, this the mnemonic device: is there any white port wine left"

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm undecided about the safety need for fender lights or reflectors, but since it is a concern Elio should consider lights on one of their fender options so owners don't have to rig something on their own. Something similar to this Spyder's.........front and back. Although, unimportant in the big scheme of things.
image.jpg

Top Bottom