• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will Your Elio Retain Its Resale Value?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When Elio is dead and gone for decades it to will have collector value. As far a 2020 your 5 year old Elio will be worth about $1,000.00

Not to me. Though being realistic will prob. be trading up as things progress. :)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When Elio is dead and gone for decades it to will have collector value. As far a 2020 your 5 year old Elio will be worth about $1,000.00

At $4 a gal. I will save $3500 a year in gas over my Astro van and Cav, times 15 years.

Every new car we have owned we have driven till the wheels fell off. All over 10 yrs.
My S15 had 214K and was 15yrs old, my cavalire is 12 and the Astro will be 15 in Nov.
With that said, when my Elio is 15 I will have $52K+ in the bank to go buy something new. And that's at $4 a gal. It will be $5 by then.
How many cars have you owned that had a return like that.

dgruis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This question is irrelevant to me, and I suspect to many others. How much is a $6800 used car worth after you buy it?

99.9% of vehicles depreciate rather than appreciate, and the average depreciation of a new car is approximately 15% the first year. With an initial cost of $7000-ish the depreciation of a one year old Elio is likely be way less than the depreciation of a one-year-old Cadillac.

15% of $60,000= $9,000
15% of $7,000 = $1,050

Even if depreciation is 100%...100% depreciation of $7000 = is still less than $9,000

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going the other way. I drive an 02 Cavalier, all rusted along the bottom, 170K. Can't find one around under 3K. When my Elio hits 12 or 13 years old there will be no rust and 250K on the motor.

A new skin, a motor for 2K, a detail job and it will be worth every bit of 7 or 8K and another 200K. JMO

Why would anyone pay new retail for a vehicle with 250k miles on it? You never know, Barnum was pretty accurate. You'd just have to find a sucker that has to have it right this instant instead of waiting for the next day Elio delivery.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone pay new retail for a vehicle with 250k miles on it? You never know, Barnum was pretty accurate. You'd just have to find a sucker that has to have it right this instant instead of waiting for the next day Elio delivery.
You are missing my point. My ROI on two Elios over 15 yrs will $52,000.00.
Why would you or anyone buy an Elio in the hopes of getting a high trade in value after 5 yrs.
upload_2014-5-9_18-50-39.jpeg

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Every reply has it's merits, I believe if the car comes out with all criteria Paul stated met and has no major problems the value should hold it's own. Owing to the fact all the parts going into it are proven technology and the body should not rust I can't see why not. I will hold onto mine for at least five years unless there is some significant improvement in future models. All you have to do is follow the recommended maintenance and there is no reason it should not last as long as you want to keep it.:)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not pointing fingers but I've never seen anyone spell they're and their wrong in the same sentence. The post's point was still made and valid. Not caring about spelling when communicating can indicate a lack of respect to the intended audience unless, of course, the writer is unaware of the error or if spell check struck sneakily. Of course, pointing it out is rude too. I blame my father. Thanks Dad.

Top Bottom