• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Windows

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that a 'modern electric' sun/moonroof would not work with the Elio's center support for the rollcage, unless it would retract 'outside' the vehicle. I am thinking more of the small 'tilting' sunroofs that have a 'vent' position, but can also be REMOVED. In that case, I would like to get one for over the Driver, AND also one for over the Rear Passenger. The 'vent' positions would allow the escape of HOT air buildup while parked in the sun, and they would also provide additional emergency EGRESS locations in case of an accident. The 'removable' sections could be stored in the trunk, or along the sides of the passenger seat.
I think something like this would work. It's less than a half car wide.
4SR-MontanaVan.jpg

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think something like this would work. It's less than a half car wide.
4SR-MontanaVan.jpg
Yes, this should work (what vehicle is this from?); and they could be 'stowed' in the rear 'trunk' space, or on the back of the Driver's seat!

Attachments

• 0-P3-trunk.jpg
    0-P3-trunk.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3,416
Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, this should work (what vehicle is this from?); and they could be 'stowed' in the rear 'trunk' space, or on the back of the Driver's seat!

I think I would start with this place. The two smaller ones on the left, look like they would work.

http://www.mgtglass.com/Sunroofs.html

[Broken External Image]

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I would start with this place. The two smaller ones on the left, look like they would work.

http://www.mgtglass.com/Sunroofs.html

[Broken External Image]

I'm sure that any sunroof manufacturer could make what we need, once they see that the "demand" is their. I do like the Idea of stowing the panel into a pocket on the back of the drivers seat! Good idea, ROGWILD!

Top Bottom