• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Writting Letters Will Get Support, This Is Great.

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have written over 100 letters and emails so far to every state governor, Obama, and many lawmakers trying to get more support to get the Elio into production. I've been trying to get the states and the feds to reserve Elios to replace their vehicles. Just think of the savings to taxpayers if all of the state and federal vehicles were traded for Elios this would be a big shot in the arm for Elio if every state would reserve 100 Elios.

Rolf

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I hope elio puts most car companies out of business and get gasoline prices back down to $1.00 or less per gallon..When I was a kid gas was 25 cents a gallon from 1956 to 1070....what happened??????

Carroll, someone got greedy, it never fails!LOL What's with the 1070? I sure you meant 1970.

Last edited:

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have written letters to the governors of every state trying to get support for Elio. I have received responses from several States but the best response came today from The State Of New Mexico, I have tried to attach a copy, hopefully everyone will be able to read it. It basically stays that they will be looking into changes in legislation to help Elio and also looking into using Elios in the states fleet of vehicles, Just think what can happen if everyone on this site writes a few letters. This kind of response gets me real excited can't wait to see my new Elio in my garage, it will happen.

Attachments

• Scan1.PDF
    97.3 KB · Views: 421

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I hope elio puts most car companies out of business and get gasoline prices back down to $1.00 or less per gallon.. When I was a kid gas was 25 cents a gallon from 1956 to 1070....what happened??????
Remember pulling up to the pump and requesting "2 bucks worth"; then having your tires checked, your oil checked and your windows cleaned by the attendant? Might have been me since "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star, the big bright Texaco Star. One of the first jobs I had around 1959.
Even had to wear that goofy uniform, Texaco shirt and matching trousers.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember pulling up to the pump and requesting "2 bucks worth"; then having your tires checked, your oil checked and your windows cleaned by the attendant? Might have been me since "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star, the big bright Texaco Star. One of the first jobs I had around 1959.
Even had to wear that goofy uniform, Texaco shirt and matching trousers.
Today "2 bucks worth" hardly starts the pumps. Even asking for $10 worth is hardly worth pulling into the station for. LOL :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I hope elio puts most car companies out of business and get gasoline prices back down to $1.00 or less per gallon..When I was a kid gas was 25 cents a gallon from 1956 to 1070....what happened??????
Lol... inflation! I remember milk being $1 a gallon. Now it is $4 a gallon. I hate big milk! It is a conspiracy to keep us buying foreign oil... I mean mid-west milk!

Ray Dolasin

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Do you suppose if somebody knows somebody they could ask the head Kahuna to give us who are patiently waiting a update on what's happening at the plant and other news worthy information?
Jes Sayin. :)o_O

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Discounting inflation, we're paying about the same for gas as we did in the early '50's. Of course now we have to add in taxes, which include over 18¢/gallon federal excise tax, plus about 33¢ to 45¢/gallon state tax. In constant dollars, the cost of gas has only risen a few cents, and although there are occasional spikes, generally the wholesale price for motor gasoline has been rather stable. Supply, meet demand.

The Elio is one of the ways we can beat the system, simply by consuming a good deal less of the product. A few mpg here or there isn't going to make much of an impact, but if my Elio gets ~60mpg on a mixed freeway and urban route, that's THREE TIMES the miles I'm getting now with my beater. Go Elio!

Top Bottom