• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Writting Letters Will Get Support, This Is Great.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course, if the Elio makes it big gas will still be the $4/gal it is now.... Demand? Meet reduced supply (as they'll simply make less of it to keep prices stable).

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course, if the Elio makes it big gas will still be the $4/gal it is now.... Demand? Meet reduced supply (as they'll simply make less of it to keep prices stable).
True. They'll have to work less to make the same income... kind of like an international welfare system. Hey, maybe our government will raise gas taxes to fill any missing gap in gas prices. We still gotta maintain our roads, you know.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I hope elio puts most car companies out of business and get gasoline prices back down to $1.00 or less per gallon..When I was a kid gas was 25 cents a gallon from 1956 to 1070....what happened??????
Sorry........car companies nearly went out of business 6 years ago. We need car companies to move our Main Street economies by providing jobs. Elio is just another option for those of us that need and or appreciate it. Most will need more than an Elio to meet their families transportation needs. Gas is still somewhat affordable in the USA compared to European markets. Elio's and a surge in EV's will keep gas prices in check and maintain a strong economy. Maybe even an Elio EV sometime in the near future.

My grandkids or great grandkids will be muttering one day, while looking at an Elio window sticker MSRP......"remember when Elio's were only $6800"!

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry........car companies nearly went out of business 6 years ago. We need car companies to move our Main Street economies by providing jobs. Elio is just another option for those of us that need and or appreciate it. Most will need more than an Elio to meet their families transportation needs. Gas is still somewhat affordable in the USA compared to European markets. Elio's and a surge in EV's will keep gas prices in check and maintain a strong economy. Maybe even an Elio EV sometime in the near future.

My grandkids or great grandkids will be muttering one day, while looking at an Elio window sticker MSRP......"remember when Elio's were only $6800"!

I firmly believe that 2 years from now, you'll be saying "Why didn't I buy two when the price was only $6800?"

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My first Elio will be basic with manual transmission. It'll be hard not to consider some of the options that will be available before placing the order but I'll stick to my guns and buy it standard. I've since abandon the need for more horses even if they offer a more robust engine because I'm all for higher mileage. My wife's Elio will be ordered right after the delivery of our first one to take advantage of the base price before adding her auto trans, leather seats, navigation systems, etc. The trade in value of our cars will go towards our new Elios. Now it's up to EM to realize this dream! ;)

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes I hope elio puts most car companies out of business and get gasoline prices back down to $1.00 or less per gallon..When I was a kid gas was 25 cents a gallon from 1956 to 1070....what happened??????
What happened was a bunch of capitalist pigs wanting more pay, less work, more toys, better lives and all that other non-essential stuff. In other words, WE happened.

For those serious folks, all I am saying is that LIFE happened. We will never see life, prices or wages like they were in the 50's again. PERIOD

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What happened was a bunch of capitalist pigs wanting more pay, less work, more toys, better lives and all that other non-essential stuff. In other words, WE happened.

For those serious folks, all I am saying is that LIFE happened. We will never see life, prices or wages like they were in the 50's again. PERIOD
You are correct. However you can have the same spending money left over for fun stuff just by living below your means. JMO

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are correct. However you can have the same spending money left over for fun stuff just by living below your means. JMO
I don't disagree with you at all. But inflation has been fueled by the overwhelming desire of people to want and have more, not less. I spent so much time overseas in the service I damn near had a heart attack when I went (1988) to the Honda shop and found out a new Goldwing started at $8800 and went up. I have only bought one new car in my life, that was while in Germany and it cost me less out of pocket to buy new than used. So I buy used, fix/repair as needed and use it til I trade it for something else or sell it.

Top Bottom