• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Yep, I Too Got Impatient...

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
You may very well be right but I definitely do not have the free cash to go any higher for quite some time! Got the payment for my truck, about 12k left on it, the bike was 3k, we're a little upside down on the wife's minivan but I have plans there. Then (hopefully) the Elio in about a year. So I have some stuff out there but we're not buried by any means. But I do need to let the old credit monster cool down for a while, lol

I'm pretty much the same as you, 6' 2" and around 185. For reasons mentioned above this will be my bike for some time whether I get ants in my pants or not :D

You are absolutely right. Take the class, get the license, ride that one for a while, enjoy it, then when your financial situation allows it, you can decide whether to get a bigger bike.

I know the gang here are only trying to help, but I think we should let MSmith get his license and be able to ride his current new bike first, before we convince him to get another one. :croc:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You are absolutely right. Take the class, get the license, ride that one for a while, enjoy it, then when your financial situation allows it, you can decide whether to get a bigger bike.

I know the gang here are only trying to help, but I think we should let MSmith get his license and be able to ride his current new bike first, before we convince him to get another one. :croc:
I agree 100%
If it's a 50cc pocket bike or a 1500 bagger it's all the same wind.
Msmith get out in the wind and enjoy it. :thumb:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe where you are, but a helmet is required (by law) in WA and OR; no hat (aka helmet) on is kind of hard to hide.

Only required in MN if you are under 18 or only have a permit. I support people's right to have a choice but I sure wish they would make better ones than riding without a helmet.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Iowa doesn't require helmets; but I would STRONGLY support a measure that said riding without a helmet gives your approval of being an organ donor without any further permission from your family and regardless of how your license is tagged, if you should die of an accident while riding without a helmet. My dad, as a small town doctor, had to make far, far, far too many early morning visits with the sheriff to inform families that their son/husband/daddy was not coming home.

One of my friends in college was a consistent helmet wearer while riding his bicycle. He died the one time he didn't wear a helmet, when he was riding his bicycle home late one night, a short distance from a friend's house to his house. He came to a stop sign, and apparently couldn't get his foot out of the pedal strap in time. He fell to his right and smashed his head on the curb. This happened about 2AM; the body was not found until almost 6 the next morning. And this, mind you, was while riding a bicycle, not a motorcycle. He left behind a girlfriend who was 3 months pregnant.

Last edited:

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Flash bulb going off here ... if your state doesn't have a helmet law, then there's nothing about helmets and autocycles, right? So the Elio would be good to go. At least within that state.

Top Bottom