• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

Rayl

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I strongly urge you to stop whining. There are hurdles, they just assessed the factory and still have to set up fabrication and assembly as well as hire and create the final model and do testing to make sure impatient people like you don't splatter themselves on the pavement because you had to have it now.
Well said Kazi, I just ended up ignoring her and was ready to ignore her uncle three card as a waste of time. This is a big project Elio has going and with 17k folks and counting-I see the energy of getting it done.

kkitzhaber

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Delay? Oh well. Perspective changes everything. I put down a non-refundable deposit and only a few days later was offered an opportunity to work in another country. It's a 3-year commitment. Easy decision, I took the position. So, I'll keep my "All-In" and have little stress now about delays... Besides, if it comes before summer, 2017, it's just going to sit in a garage. If anyone is wondering, it costs about $3,000 to ship an Elio from Houston to Chile. And, of course, lets not forget about taxes. It's around 35%, plus fees. Where I'm going, a 4x4 is used, though not absolutely necessary to get around. Initially, I was hoping to be the first Elio owner in South America. That's still a possibility. Time will tell.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good guess Kuda. Here's an article from the Shreveport Times today
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...io-production-delayed-mid-2015?nclick_check=1
I wish everyone would read this article , some will need it explained . 200 million needed, only 55 million commited or raised, the last delay was because the landlord drug his feet on just 7 million dollars. Now tell me again how full of it I am for repeating what my uncle was laughed out of here for saying Elio is soley dependent on how many 1000 dollar reservations they can get.. It ain't going to happen. Reverend Paul will drag this out with his weekly shows trying to recup . Hopefully the public will get this and reservations will stop feeding this idiot.The botton line is that Elio was counting on 200,000 people to reserve with 1000 dollars.. The 100 buck reservations covered the t shirt and cheap motel rooms for their x Walmart staff to show up with a warmed over Geo at week end parking lot shows..He admits himself being 150 million short. The correct way for Elio to have started is like Harley and many other start ups did is by building one-zy and two zees of a sell-able product in a small operation and then, only then after product is accepted, liked and proven seek funding , investments and deposits to go big.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure I want to own one, I don't want to see Paul Elio delay for bs reasons and run the project so far in the ground that it can't be saved by someone taking over being smart enough to make it a reality.
http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...io-production-delayed-mid-2015?nclick_check=1
Thanks for sharing the article. Funding at only 25% is a little concerning. I would love to be able to own stock in Elio to help get this going.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Elio Motors would likely have been better served keeping this information to themselves however instead they voluntarily let everyone know well in advance that the timeline had shifted. Even if they knew about this possibility several months ago it is only logical to wait until you are sure there is no realistic alternative before you announce the delay publicly. To my way of viewing things the fact they even made this information public at this time reinforces my view that Paul Elio is fully committed to making all this happen and to be as open about the process as reasonably possible.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio said he’s raised $55 million in private funding to date, and needs roughly $200 million to get his operation started
Private financing is probably the only avenue as banks are not an option unless Paul can anti up $ 197 million .Investors want a return and technology is moving so fast that the Elio may be obsolete by the time it actually gets produced .Larger private investors have money because they invest wisely .The price tag can't possibly be $6800 on introduction .
BUT ,ya never can tell .

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the article. Funding at only 25% is a little concerning. I would love to be able to own stock in Elio to help get this going.
Jim nobody can own stock in elio, they are not a public company so no shares. You can invest or buy in, Call Elio's number and the phone tree will give you an extension option. Paul Elio has been blowing smoke since the day he figured that the 200,000 reservations , and I'm not talking about 100 buck ones, are not going to happen. One of two things will happen very soon, Paul Elio will fade away or someome with the ability to makes this happen will step in but either way Mr. Elio will be history and so will our down payments.

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors would likely have been better served keeping this information to themselves however instead they voluntarily let everyone know well in advance that the timeline had shifted. Even if they knew about this possibility several months ago it is only logical to wait until you are sure there is no realistic alternative before you announce the delay publicly. To my way of viewing things the fact they even made this information public at this time reinforces my view that Paul Elio is fully committed to making all this happen and to be as open about the process as reasonably possible.
Elio Motors did keep this crisis private, the news was responsible for the truth coming out. Prior to Elio getting the 7.5 million from the landlord a few days ago I did not see anything from Elio admitting they were 160 million short . They do keep accepting deposits con-ed up from bs told to people in week end parking lots .

Last edited:
Top Bottom