• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bulge

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is this your estimation of have you heard or seen evidence of this?

I do think that it provides a great opportunity for after market but it would be awesome if EM has been rumoring this.
"Eastern Catalytic will have several options for performance and stainless steel exhaust systems." From the Elio site.
http://www.easterncatalytic.com/2013/11/eastern-catalytic-exclusive-oe-exhaust-supplier-for-elio-motors/

While Eastern Catalytic doesn't say it on their site, they DO produce catalytic converters with a mirror finish which means they can also produce the pipes. I don't think it would be a stretch for them to produce a nice looking side pipe. I mean, they'll have the stats and there IS profit in making them.

Jerome DID say during the unveil that the Elio would have a side pipe "like that corvette over there" or something to that effect.

Oh, hell, it's conjecture at this point.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Eastern Catalytic will have several options for performance and stainless steel exhaust systems." From the Elio site.
http://www.easterncatalytic.com/2013/11/eastern-catalytic-exclusive-oe-exhaust-supplier-for-elio-motors/

While Eastern Catalytic doesn't say it on their site, they DO produce catalytic converters with a mirror finish which means they can also produce the pipes. I don't think it would be a stretch for them to produce a nice looking side pipe. I mean, they'll have the stats and there IS profit in making them.

Jerome DID say during the unveil that the Elio would have a side pipe "like that corvette over there" or something to that effect.

langhorne_sign.jpg

Langhorne represent!
(not a big town, I don't get to do this much, Eastern Catalytic is less than 5 miles from my house)

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Eastern will produce the complete exhaust system and catalytic converter for the new Elio, which is scheduled to start production in the 4th quarter of 2014."

4th quarter 2014 :dance:
Yea, not sure how accurate the rest of the info is at this point...

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope the hernia bulge on the P5 was a last minute act to get it ready for the LA Auto Show, and the final result will be nothing similar.

Top Bottom