• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bulge

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You only have 5.75" of ground clearance to play with though.

This is not an off-road vehicle. 5.75 less the pipe works for me. If left or right of Center Line, it would be less likely to get damage. The oval pipe mentioned above is also an option. I really don't like the bulge. An exposed vented pipe or just put it underneath the car is a better option. I am sure that underneath is cheaper.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Eastern will produce the complete exhaust system and catalytic converter for the new Elio, which is scheduled to start production in the 4th quarter of 2014."

4th quarter 2014 :dance:
Yea, not sure how accurate the rest of the info is at this point...
The information is still accurate. Eastern Catalytic is still going to produce exhaust bits for Elio albeit a bit later than first estimated.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is not an off-road vehicle. 5.75 less the pipe works for me. If left or right of Center Line, it would be less likely to get damage. The oval pipe mentioned above is also an option. I really don't like the bulge. An exposed vented pipe or just put it underneath the car is a better option. I am sure that underneath is cheaper.
I'd be worried that if it were tucked that close to such a small cabin, it would feel hot inside.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They "could", but probably not without affecting the performance while driving.
I am a bit anal, it used to drive me nuts to see motorcycles with the exhaust only on one side! It was a visual catastrophic failure as far as I was concerned.
It took a long time, and the rationalizing to myself that the "performance" delivered by the multiple cylinders on a motorcycle was better going through a single exhaust. It took time to realize even a cross over pipe just wasn't the same and didn't do the job as well as on a car or truck.
Now, I only wince at the lop sided visual effect of exhaust down one side. Just as I winced when I saw the cover on the Elio, I also knew it was for performance over style, and it wasn't really all that bad. I even felt better once I visualized an actual side pipe there!

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Really enjoy reading all the post and fun we all have. I kind of wonder, when it comes out, if people will still be posting, or the forum will die after the newity of the Elio wears off.
I'm sure it will still be active...................after 8 years, the smart board is still as active as ever............even has an Elio thread :p

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hard to believe all the chatter about a stupid cover !!! (oh yea, this IS the Elio board :p)

Don't like it, take it off................move the pipe where you want it ............it's YOUR vehicle :)
Oub8u.jpg

YEA!

Top Bottom