• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Kit, Would You Still Buy?

What would you pay for such a kit?

• $6,200

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • $6,800

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • $7,400

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • $8,000

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • $8,600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $9,200

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • heck no!

Votes: 73 64.0%

• Total voters

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please share your source for this info.

The last announcement citing the reasons for the last delay. Do you think machines and lines configured for Hummers are going to fit a 3 wheeled vehicle 1/3 as large?

Shouldn't someone have thought to at least bring a tape measure or inspect some drawings?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The last announcement citing the reasons for the last delay. Do you think machines and lines configured for Hummers are going to fit a 3 wheeled vehicle 1/3 as large?

Shouldn't someone have thought to at least bring a tape measure or inspect some drawings?

I share creekstone's request for sources. This comment seems to be an assumption with some very derogatory opinions about the what others were thinking.

I think it was Ty that knows more specifics about that plant and perhaps he can shed some light on how those machines actually get set up. It seems to me that elio knew they had to adjust the machines when they were made part of the purchase and that is why comeau is specifically one of the suppliers.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Certainly Elio had floor plan schematics of the factory and did a walk through of the plant very early on and knew exactly how it was equipped and what was required to retrofit the existing equipment for the Elio's production. He just didn't walk in a week ago with a tape measure.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Programming the robot is not a problem. The placement of the component parts or "nesting" will have to be adjusted from the prior setup. The length of robot arms may have to be adjusted to accommodate the welding of the parts, different sizes and lengths. All not a great engineering challenge. Much like changing from one model (GM) to the next.

silverfox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I would buy a kit, as long as all the fabrication was done, and it was nothing more than nuts and bolts, with a little wiring. Most kits come with an instruction manual, should be an easy build.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...tape measure...
:rolleyes: You're a funny guy!

The original Racers Trust marketing document for the plant listed "18 miles of conveyor line for assembly under one roof". (For those who have trouble understanding the concept of "source" and choose instead to exaggerate the facts, try to instill doubt without credible support, and/or generally try to be a disruption to the intent of this board, THIS is a source: http://www.racertrust.org/files/shreveport-marketing-brochure.pdf )

Elio (not Caddo Parish, not IRG) bought the equipment in the plant separately. Hey look... another source: http://www.caddo.org/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Minutes/08022013-145

I bet they had a tape measure somewhere along in the process.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would buy a kit, as long as all the fabrication was done, and it was nothing more than nuts and bolts, with a little wiring. Most kits come with an instruction manual, should be an easy build.
Funny, as I put up a post similar to this about a month ago. It wasn't received very well.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny, as I put up a post similar to this about a month ago. It wasn't received very well.
Go to thread "IAV Engine Availability," post #30. I had an absolute BALL writing this one. And get this: 90% of the info I got from this forum. I though it was HILARIOUS!

Top Bottom