• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NE did not win, the Seahawks gave it away!!
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
if true, an interesting development at this link :

"Only one of the 12 New England Patriots' footballs used in the team's AFC Championship game was underinflated by a full two pounds, according NFL.com's Ian Rapoport."

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
What a GREAT Super Bowl!

Back and forth in the first half, Seattle did not have very many first downs and somehow managed to stay even at half. Then Seattle goes up by 10 with 1 1/3 qtrs. left to play.

If Seattle scores and wins there at the end, Brady would be blamed for at least some of the loss, throwing the 2 INTs, one in the red zone.

Pats did have one more turnover for the game, and Pats were good on 3rd down, 8-14. But what happened to the Seahawks defense in the 4th qtr? The experts are whining that just because Seattle lost a couple of starters on defense to injury during the game, so what, your defense still needs to step up and play.

Well, the fact is, the reason a guy is on the sidelines and not starting is because he's not quite as good as the starter. If a starter gets hurt, in comes a sub, and your defense is most likely going to be a little worse.

Seattle sacked Brady once for the game, and hit him hard a few times, but as the numbers show, Brady wasn't rattled for the most part. Wilson was sacked 3 times, and here's something that I just learned... Wilson was sacked 42 times during the regular season. I expected it to be MUCH fewer times than that, who knew? That was 6th most for QBs. Some other sack totals for familiar QBs: Kaepernick SF-52, Smith KC-45, Stafford Det-45, Newton Car-38, Ryan Atl-31, Brees NO-29, Rodgers GB-28, Luck Ind-27, Brady NE-21, Flacco Bal-19, P. Manning Den-17.

Don't agree with Brady being the MVP. Julian Edelman is listed at 5'10" and 200 lbs, he had 9 catches for 109 yds and 1 TD. He was making Seattle defenders miss all night long. There's my choice for MVP. Another possibility is Shane Vereen for NE, a RB that had 11 catches for 64 yds and 4 carries for 13. Gronk had 6 for 68 yds too. But Edelman stood out to me.

As far as that last play and was it a good call or not, it was a good play call if it's a TD or incomplete, and it's a bad call if it's an interception. If it's complete, experts would say how brilliant the call was, that the NE defense was looking for a handoff to Lynch, and how come NE didn't call a timeout to get a breath and to look at what formation Sea was in.

If "ifs" were "fifths", we'd all be drunk. :) What about in the Tennessee/St. Louis Super Bowl many yrs ago, last play of the game, they throw the ball short and guess what? The WR came up short. You can 2nd-guess that play call all you want, because it failed. If the St. Louis linebacker doesn't tackle the Tenn WR, he makes it in the end zone, it's tied, and they go to sudden death.

It was truly an amazing game! May go down as one of the top 3 of all time, if not thee best. I believe you have to put Brady in the top 5 QBs of all time now for sure. But he was NOT MVP of this game. lol QBs and head coaches: they get way too much credit when you win, and way too much blame when you lose.

Top Bottom