• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AND, today it worked! I'm amazed! My tastes aren't really expensive, but I noticed there's no option for AC? Does this mean it'll be standard? That'd be nice!
I'd want to see what we end up with as a standard radio before upgrading there. I'd opt for the upgraded speakers right off though.
I'm a happy camper again! LOL
Bert, which planet have you been on? EM has been advertising complete with AM/FM radio AC/heat, power door lock and brakes since for at least 3 years!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As of this morning, the Configurator hasn't added anything new for a week. They were planning on loading new stuff about once a month, so it's no surprise if they haven't. I just hope they fix some of the glitches, like the TERRIBLE color renderings. They also need to put an "undo" switch on the Colors page -- you can't back out or even reset your choice from"wrap" to "standard" without leaving and rebooting the whole thing.

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As of this morning, the Configurator hasn't added anything new for a week. They were planning on loading new stuff about once a month, so it's no surprise if they haven't. I just hope they fix some of the glitches, like the TERRIBLE color renderings. They also need to put an "undo" switch on the Colors page -- you can't back out or even reset your choice from"wrap" to "standard" without leaving and rebooting the whole thing.

Agree about the funky color rendering. All your colors look like the car is in a green room. As far as switching between Standard colors and wraps and back again, I hadn't had a problem with that so far. I wonder if it's a browser thing? I'm using Google Chrome on Mac OS X. I don't think my Google Chromebook had a problem with that either.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree about the funky color rendering. All your colors look like the car is in a green room. As far as switching between Standard colors and wraps and back again, I hadn't had a problem with that so far. I wonder if it's a browser thing? I'm using Google Chrome on Mac OS X. I don't think my Google Chromebook had a problem with that either.
Im using Safari. Chrome sets up a memory sink that overwhelms my 16 gigs of OS RAM. It doesn't like to return memory to the computer or empty its cache willingly. So I don't use it any more. Am running OS 10.9.5 ; don't want to upgrade until forced (by buying a new Mac Pro, which is being forced upon me as my 2009 Nehalem continues to degrade). The new one will be loaded up with 64 gigs of ram, two very fast graphics processors ... but it's already 3 years old and technology has marched along. I am afraid that once again I'm going to buy something and drop 2 - 3 K in resale when it's replaced by a new model about 3 months later.... story of my life.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
16 GB is not enough? What are you doing to that poor box? LOL. All of my machines here that I use for work and gaming all just have 8GB of RAM, a Windows box from 2008, iMac from 2009, and a Surface Pro 3 bought last year. Except for my VM server, but it constantly has at least 10 VMs running. I run Chrome on all of them. BUT... I do have to reboot my main work machine about once per week, the one from 2008, to clear up funky app behavior. I have not run into that issue with my Mac, though.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have changed the image such that reflections now move in the surface as it is rotated.

If you rotate the image so the nose is at 12 o'clock and the tail is at 6 o'clock and you are looking overhead at the top of the roof, you see a reflection in the roof paint. The reflection looks like buildings from old Italian architecture. Then click through different colors and the reflection can be seen better. As the vehicle is moved, the reflection moves. Previously, these reflections did not move and looked like the body finish was spotted.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
my main machine has

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.66Ghz, all power saving options turned off and all 6 cores running a little over turbo speed...
32Gigs of DDR3
256gb SSD main drive
9 Terabytes of Storage spread across 4 Hard Drives
AMD Radeon R9 280 3gb GDDR5
750 Watt PSU in a Sound Dampened Case with dust filters, a Massive CPU cooler and case fans for all HDD's and openings.
EsALvOi.jpg

I know the processor is old, but darnit, its still going strong... got no problems with it... Im just gonna wait it out and get a nice ddr 4 system in a couple years I think...
I know, I know, I do it too, but I've done my best to get back on track, so I have to ask you to do the same.
In General Discussion they started a OS Programming thread; I'll go start another one, and have it as "All Things Geek"
And I will ask you to move this entry over to that area.
We do want to try to stay on track with the current things that are going on at EM.
I'm hoping leading by example helps.
Thanks

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slight change to the configurator:
  • Illuminated Door Sill is now above carpet color.
  • The default "Carpet" color now appears to be "None". As in, the floor is bare, painted the same color as the exterior of the car. If you want any carpet at all, you gotta pick one for $78.
The carpet thing doesn't really bother me, as no carpet will be easier to clean. Plus, I kinda like the idea of extending the exterior color to the interior.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Slight change to the configurator:
  • Illuminated Door Sill is now above carpet color.
  • The default "Carpet" color now appears to be "None". As in, the floor is bare, painted the same color as the exterior of the car. If you want any carpet at all, you gotta pick one for $78.
The carpet thing doesn't really bother me, as no carpet will be easier to clean. Plus, I kinda like the idea of extending the exterior color to the interior.
But the carpeting acts as a sound deadener; another layer of insulation.
In the early days of car buying, carpeting was an option, if you didn't take it you got a rubber mat same shape and size as the carpet. It did have a type of padding to be the insulation. Not only sound, but temperature also, floors are like ice in the winter.

Top Bottom