• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like they fixed the exterior colors too.
Now when you click on Black/Licorice instead of looking Olive Drab, it does look black.
<Sorry, I didn't check the other colors>

stu ostler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I may have missed this in discusions, but has anyone else noticed in the "configurer" image the skirt on the body covering the suspention openings . Is this going to be an option? It's not shown on the Elio site gallery images.

Screen Shot 2016-05-07 at 11.48.46 AM.png

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Im using Safari. Chrome sets up a memory sink that overwhelms my 16 gigs of OS RAM. It doesn't like to return memory to the computer or empty its cache willingly. So I don't use it any more. Am running OS 10.9.5 ; don't want to upgrade until forced (by buying a new Mac Pro, which is being forced upon me as my 2009 Nehalem continues to degrade).
16 GB is not enough? What are you doing to that poor box? LOL. All of my machines here that I use for work and gaming all just have 8GB of RAM, a Windows box from 2008, iMac from 2009, and a Surface Pro 3 bought last year. Except for my VM server, but it constantly has at least 10 VMs running. I run Chrome on all of them. BUT... I do have to reboot my main work machine about once per week, the one from 2008, to clear up funky app behavior. I have not run into that issue with my Mac, though.
Running Lightroom and Photoshop concurrently handling files up to several gigabytes in size. My poor little mac Tower doesn't like it

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still doesn't work on the laptop I use most frequently... the error message says 3d not available, use a webgl enabled browser. , I am using firefox 46.0.1 and I manually forced webgl with :config - very annoying, hope they fix it (fyi p780m, 915g win7 x86)

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I may have missed this in discusions, but has anyone else noticed in the "configurer" image the skirt on the body covering the suspention openings . Is this going to be an option? It's not shown on the Elio site gallery images.

View attachment 9344

We haven't heard explicitly from Elio Motors, but because they took the time to render it into the Configurator, and because it would improve MPGs, we believe it is going to be a standard body panel in the production car.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 9344
They talked about the suspension covers when the P5 was being built.
It didn't make it to the P5, maybe it will be part of the production models.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Slight change to the configurator:
  • Illuminated Door Sill is now above carpet color.
  • The default "Carpet" color now appears to be "None". As in, the floor is bare, painted the same color as the exterior of the car. If you want any carpet at all, you gotta pick one for $78.
The carpet thing doesn't really bother me, as no carpet will be easier to clean. Plus, I kinda like the idea of extending the exterior color to the interior.

I would rather have all weather rubber mats than having no carpet. Even carpet gets bad when you live in a state that has lots of snow, ice, and salt to melt the previous two items.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe a fitted rubber mat could be an option? I think I'll go send the email to suggest such :)
Couldn't hurt.
It just seems a little odd that they just recently changed from some kind of carpet to making it an option.
Must be part of that cost cutting plan they are going through.

Plus it does save a little weight.
Part of the 400lb weight loss program.

Top Bottom