• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Myelio.me Is Up & Running

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine so far:

Summary:
Base Price $6,800.00
Color: Licorice + $0.00
Transmission: Manual + $0.00
Tires: Standard Fender + $0.00
Wheels: Standard Wheel + $0.00
Chin Spoiler: No Chin Spoiler + $0.00
Rear Spoiler: No Rear Spoiler + $0.00
Trim: Black + $0.00
Door Threshold: Standard + $0.00
Carpeting: Standard + $0.00
Convenience: Infinite Skyz + $1,999.00
Audio:Thunder35 Enhanced Speakers + $99.95
Estimated price: $8,898.95 (sigh - My first car was only $8200)

Whims at the moment: Looking to DIY wrap, interested in Keyless entry/start (& not the Skyz iPhone POS), on steering wheel controls for radio/phone, backup camera, replacing the dash controls with something... else.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine so far:

Summary:
Base Price $6,800.00
Convenience: Infinite Skyz + $1,999.00
Audio:Thunder35 Enhanced Speakers + $99.95
Estimated price: $8,898.95 (sigh - My first car was only $8200)

Whims at the moment: Looking to DIY wrap, interested in Keyless entry/start (& not the Skyz iPhone POS), on steering wheel controls for radio/phone, backup camera, replacing the dash controls with something... else.
To your final figure, subtract your deposit plus bonus and look at the number; it might make it easier to take.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Any news on sunroof or moon roofs?
They pretty much dropped the sunroof in favor of a see through roof panel.
It was mentioned during one of the tour stops, so no "official" decision yet.

I've been one of the people talking about the sunroof, it would be so small, it really wouldn't be very practical; the opening would be about the size of a piece of paper; you can make it look bigger on the outside, but inside you're limited by the structure of the vehicle and the framework you must have for the sunroof. I did sunroofs for years when I worked in Seattle at the Custom Fab shop. (I was at that shop for 16 years) so I know some about what it takes to do them.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would actually make sense to limit both weight and corrosion. But some kind of anti slip surface would be needed.

Is it not "Weathertec" or some such outfit that advertises an American made, laser creation that makes custom fitted contraptions just as what is being asked for? Of course, the downside for their sales is 50% of the normal market available...

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Protip for seeing those option description popups that are improperly positioned off the top of your screen: Shrink your browser window so it is very narrow, but very tall. (i.e make it full screen height, but only a quarter of the screen wide.) This will force the configurator to be positioned farther down the screen. This leaves enough room at the top for the popup to be fully visible.

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They pretty much dropped the sunroof in favor of a see through roof panel.
It was mentioned during one of the tour stops, so no "official" decision yet.

I've been one of the people talking about the sunroof, it would be so small, it really wouldn't be very practical; the opening would be about the size of a piece of paper; you can make it look bigger on the outside, but inside you're limited by the structure of the vehicle and the framework you must have for the sunroof. I did sunroofs for years when I worked in Seattle at the Custom Fab shop. (I was at that shop for 16 years) so I know some about what it takes to do them.
Do We know yet if the hood is going to be held down by clips or can We get an option of a inside hood release?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Summary:
Base Price $6,800.00
Convenience: Infinite Skyz + $0.00
Audio:Thunder35 Enhanced Speakers + $0.00
Estimated price: $6,800.00
Estimated Tax: $680.00
Estimated Delivery and Handling: $500.00
Estimated cost: $7,980.00

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Do We know yet if the hood is going to be held down by clips or can We get an option of a inside hood release?
They are looking at an inside cable release; final decision has not been announced yet.
This is one of the items that they are trying to figure out how to get it in under the price ceiling, same with cruise control.
They have said that they will do what they can to make it standard equipment "If they can"

Top Bottom