• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my new Sonic, I paid, I think $50 for free oil changes for life. They said if I was on vacation somewhere and I need an oil change to go ahead and get it and they would reimburse me when I get back.

If EM would reimburse for repairs on the road or from a near by shop, I would be OK with that.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I bought my new Sonic, I paid, I think $50 for free oil changes for life. They said if I was on vacation somewhere and I need an oil change to go ahead and get it and they would reimburse me when I get back.

If EM would reimburse for repairs on the road or from a near by shop, I would be OK with that.
I'm sure they have something like that in mind.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buy 3 sets and get the 4th one free.
Great idea . . . and here I was thinking wheelbarrow or unicycle . . . ;)

Considering the carrying capacity of a decent 15" tire, with no more than 600 pounds or so applied to each on the Elio, they'll probably rot before they wear out. Well, unless you're into drifting . . . .

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this deal with Pep Boys is a very good step towards a really useful service program. What we all have to remember is that Elio Motors is a new company without the benefit of large dealership network already in place. There is no way they will be able to reasonably cover the entire country with a company owned service network however through this deal, and others which are likely to be announced over the next year, they will be able to offer most of us an authorized service center within a reasonable travel distance which is a great accomplishment for a startup vehicle manufacturer.

Just look at it this way, Pep Boys 800+ locations is a much bigger network than the initial 60 markets which will eventually have official Elio stores.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe this deal with Pep Boys is a very good step towards a really useful service program. What we all have to remember is that Elio Motors is a new company without the benefit of large dealership network already in place. There is no way they will be able to reasonably cover the entire country with a company owned service network however through this deal, and others which are likely to be announced over the next year, they will be able to offer most of us an authorized service center within a reasonable travel distance which is a great accomplishment for a startup vehicle manufacturer.

"Just look at it this way, Pep Boys 800+ locations is a much bigger network than the initial 60 markets which will eventually have official Elio stores."

Just look at it this way, Pep Boys 800+ locations is a much bigger network than the initial 60 markets which will eventually have official Elio stores.
Not in Ohio.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=pep boys near ohio&ie=UTF-8&ei=PsxfU6TxLqmEyAG_04DoDQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ

Show rooms in Ohio
Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland

May be just a coincidence.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSA7w0TRy4at_nCwEOnkrL8WR9tqnrYNyZSLQoT5N2BFGpWj0v.jpg

Last edited:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score

When I bought my first Lexus RX 300, I embarked on a tour of the Western states for a much delayed month's vacation. In Seattle I found I'd hit the 5000 mile inspection/oil change service interval, I called by service adviser back in Houston in a panic. Outside of California, Lexus was not sold in the Western US at the time. They had ONE service center in Redmond WA at the time and it was a one-bay garage with work backed up for the next four weeks. How was I going to get my mandatory maintenance taken care of?

After calming me down, my adviser reminded me I was on a long trip, and that was the best break-in I could possibly give my new baby. Second, to just enjoy the vacation and come in after I got home and they'd take care of me. They did - and there's a good lesson for EM and their service centers here: Lexus (whom I've followed for fifteen years now) is very big on offering "the Lexus experience", and demand their dealers and service centers provide not just free lattes and biscotti in their clean and comfortable waiting areas, but a level of personalized service that is unparalleled anywhere else. What makes it nice is that it's universal to owners of the marque. Drive in with your '92 LS and you'll be treated with the same kindness and respect they give a new owner of one of their latest luxoboats.

Of course all that "personal" service is done with a database that keeps records of your maintenance and service records, e-mailing you a reminder when you're due in for your next visit, but it's a nice touch. Another thing several brands are doing now is offering "free" oil changes, inspections, and tire rotations for the first three years (plus or minus). From a customer's standpoint, its a nice touch that keeps them coming back - and really inexpensive for the dealer (especially on something mechanically simple like the Elio). Besides, those costs are covered somewhere in that dealer markup, so the "good will" is actually being purchased along with the product. Pep Boys and potential Elio dealers take note. THIS is how you build brand loyalty.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Exactly! This is not just buidling a new car. It's building an entire infrastructure.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dad has a bentley. the closest dealership is Vero Beach(I don't really know. I am not sure he does.) When it needs an oil change they send a trailer to the house. unload the loaner Bentley, and take his back to the shop till the next day.
So you can have your Lexus Experience.

Top Bottom