• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pep Boys To Provide Service / Maintenance

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in Delaware and work in Chadds Ford, PA. I can walk to a Pep Boys near my office. The Pep Boys near my home has 10 or 12 bays and very large retail, tire and parts sections.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those of you that have Pep Boys locations nearby and are currently Pep Boys customers......how would you rate their customer service?
Any place like that is hit and miss. Even when you look within the same location one employee is vastly different from the next. Pick any auto parts store one counter guy knows everything and bends over backwards to help and the next time you stop by the guy is annoyed that he had to put down his magazine. Pretty much the same in the service bays as well you might think one guy is the greatest mechanic ever born while the guy in the bay next to him shouldn't be allowed to fix a bologna sandwich.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those of you that have Pep Boys locations nearby and are currently Pep Boys customers......how would you rate their customer service?
I haven't used them for parts, service or tires in years. But they had good cust service when I did buy there. Prob won't use them unless it's a warranty repair.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My take is the Elio will be fairly easy to service and maintain compared to the typical car/cycle. A reputable certified mechanic in our locale should be able to provide excellent service on an Elio providing parts and tech support are provided by the manufacturer.

Also, it may be a win win if ASE Certified independent mechanics have the option to become Elio factory certified to do Elio warranty work. Perhaps part of the ASE certification Program if Elio can work the details out with that group.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have never used them to service my car before. I have gone in for parts and stuff. Always had a good experieince
I'm sure with most of us the quality of their services and products are not in question, for me it's availability or lack of a near by service center. JMO

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My take is the Elio will be fairly easy to service and maintain compared to the typical car/cycle. A reputable certified mechanic in our locale should be able to provide excellent service on an Elio providing parts and tech support are provided by the manufacturer.

Also, it may be a win win if ASE Certified independent mechanics have the option to become Elio factory certified to do Elio warranty work. Perhaps part of the ASE certification Program if Elio can work the details out with that group.
Current rate in Ohio $80 an hour.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll take 30 minutes of that service action! Labor has gone thru the roof! Also, my take is the Elio will be very reliable and not require too many $80 per hour Dr. visits.....I mean mechanic visits.
Like I stated in an earlier post, this will only work if EM reimburses.
As for the labor, one min= one hour. No more hour or job break down book.:mad:

Top Bottom