• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Prototype Questions

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whether the headlight covers discolor depends on the plastic from which they're made. And that design change was made for aerodynamic efficiency. It won't change; live with it.

The body-color panels on the inside are also firm design elements at this point. If you don't like 'em, get out your paintbrush.

Instrument panel design is a hot issue here, (the version shown above is OK with most, but is not planned for the actual car). Elio's proposed "elgin watch" design is being changed; members here (who are stakeholders; we've paid for the right to an opinion!) dislike it nearly 3 to 1. The revised design has not been made public.

If you don't like what you see, you have a limited number of choices. You can accept the reality of design in the final car, you can just not buy one, or you can customize.
Ekh,
I am so glad that you are NOT the head of the customer relations department at Elio Motors! Seems you can't take some constructive criticism. You also added remarks to details that I did not mention. Aside from that, I agree with your choices that you have laid out for me so eloquently. I will keep them in mind. I guess if I hadn't seen the P3 car in pictures, I wouldn't have made the criticisms that I have made about the current car. The current car is very nice, but it pales in comparison to the earlier car, hands down. I don't think a pair of (aerodynamically designed) headlight pods on the side of the body cut down that much mpg. If they were looking to make it THAT aerodynamic, why not shape it like a weiner with three enclosed wheels and little windows to peek out? My advice to Elio Motors would be to pull ALL images of the P3, so that people like me who fell in love with that design won't be so overcome with disappointment that it has been "changed, live with it".

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ekh,
I am so glad that you are NOT the head of the customer relations department at Elio Motors! Seems you can't take some constructive criticism. You also added remarks to details that I did not mention. Aside from that, I agree with your choices that you have laid out for me so eloquently. I will keep them in mind. I guess if I hadn't seen the P3 car in pictures, I wouldn't have made the criticisms that I have made about the current car. The current car is very nice, but it pales in comparison to the earlier car, hands down. I don't think a pair of (aerodynamically designed) headlight pods on the side of the body cut down that much mpg. If they were looking to make it THAT aerodynamic, why not shape it like a weiner with three enclosed wheels and little windows to peek out? My advice to Elio Motors would be to pull ALL images of the P3, so that people like me who fell in love with that design won't be so overcome with disappointment that it has been "changed, live with it".
From the sound of it, you're not going to be a customer. Looks like Option Number 1 will work for you, In which case, you needn't hang around writing nasty grams.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is aware of the choices! I agree with Nickskeys, the P3 was a prettier car than the P4 and those headlights ARE too close together. ...
Actually, Elio Motors had to get a 'waiver' from the Federal Motocycle Regulations..... since for Dual Motorcycle Headlights..... they are TOO FAR APART!

Top Bottom