• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Seat Belts

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's not a question as to whether we wear them or not . The real question is does Elio have to provide them ? The vehicle will already have airbags as standard equipment . Can Elio save a few more bucks omitting belts ?

from earlier comments where some report seat belts are required in their states, I suspect that would make it mandatory .... in addition, I suspect that EM's lawyers wouldn't want any part of a liability claim if they didn't install them

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm okay with the inertial retractors, but I'm not a big fan of the auto-retract belts in my Suby SVX. Never open your door to see where you're backing up to. Couldn't close the door to retract it because my head was there, couldn't reach the release button because it had my arm wrapped up too:eek:...scary, embarrassing and hilarious, all at the same time.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Properly adjusted seat belts, which is most easily accomplished in passenger vehicles via the use of inertial retractors in seat belt reels, are an integral part of the passenger safety system. Contrary to commonly held belief vehicle air bags are not intended as a stand alone safety measure. Vehicle safety air bags are in fact specifically designed for use with seat belts which is why they are labeled as a supplemental restraint system or SRS. Failure to use and/or improper use of seat belts in vehicles equipped with SRS air bag systems can lead to more severe injuries caused by being out of proper position when the air bag(s) deploy.

Top Bottom