• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Test Drive / Ride And Drive Events

where can I test drive?

• answer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Has any one (customer) actually drove a Elio?

Hi Nancy, welcome to the forum!

Another thing to keep in mind, and this is just information to consume: the P4 Orange vehicle is a prototype. The general shape of the body, the general length and width, the general interior are all pretty close to the production design. Plus the feel of the lack of power steering would be good to experience. However, the engine, the headroom in the back seat, the exhaust, tire types, possibly the shocks, and many other items will be different on the production model. Plus the P4 engine is governed at 35 mph if I remember correctly.

So while any of us would jump at the chance to drive the orange prototype, and it would give us an idea of vision and feel and narrow body, etc., there would be differences in the vehicle that a person will be able to buy. It wouldn't be a true test drive, but it would be interesting, educational and fun!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has any one (customer) actually drove a Elio?
Nancy Marie, first welcome to the forum. Second, candidly very few people have driven the Elio. It has mostly been media types and the average reservations holder has not been given an opportunity to drive one. Elio had planned on offering ride & drive opportunities this year (2015) but that seems to have been put on hold until 2016. For most of us early reservation holders the first time we will have an opportunity to drive the Elio will be when we pick it up at the factory. The other reservations holders will get the feedback from them about handling characteristics, etc. We look forward to your participation in the forum and hope you enjoy the experience.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Nancy, welcome to our little Elio Family! As you read the replies you'll notice the General answer is "No" we haven't had the chance to run the Elio up the road and back on a test drive. Some haven't even had the chance to sit behind the wheel yet. We did get the chance ( to sit in the P4 ) back in August 2014 and went "all in" right then & there. We reserved a 2nd one in November. The game plan is to have test drives eventually, where and when is anyone's guess at this point. They have to build the vehicles first. Until then, enjoy our little family of misfit girls and boys, as we all wait for our new toys.;)

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I heard Brian Williams said that he once drove an Elio as an emergency escape vehicle. When the helicopter he was riding in got hit with an RPG in that famous war zone, they jumped out and got into their Elios to get away, but these were not the typical Elios that you and I have seen. These are super high performance versions, with a 475 HP engine, that puts out 580 ft lbs of torque, utilizing twin supercharged engines that were balanced and blueprinted, and also featured nitrous oxide boost as well. They also had bulletproof tires, along with bulletproof glass, bomb proof bodies, and a much better suspension that can go off road. They also featured a 50 BMG rifle that is visually controlled by simply looking at the target, and firing with a voice command. These super Elios were rated at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, and did the quarter mile in 7.9 seconds at 153 mph. :)

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I heard Brian Williams said that he once drove an Elio as an emergency escape vehicle. When the helicopter he was riding in got hit with an RPG in that famous war zone, they jumped out and got into their Elios to get away, but these were not the typical Elios that you and I have seen. These are super high performance versions, with a 475 HP engine, that puts out 580 ft lbs of torque, utilizing twin supercharged engines that were balanced and blueprinted, and also featured nitrous oxide boost as well. They also had bulletproof tires, along with bulletproof glass, bomb proof bodies, and a much better suspension that can go off road. They also featured a 50 BMG rifle that is visually controlled by simply looking at the target, and firing with a voice command. These super Elios were rated at 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, and did the quarter mile in 7.9 seconds at 153 mph. :)
You forgot to mention that Bill O'Riley was doing a report on the prototype of that Super Elio during the Falklands Islands War but got through the rioting, bombing and out of harms way during the conflict in the vehicle, even though he never left the mainland of Argentina.:D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wait...the story I heard is that he was actually flying this Elio that got shot down.
image.jpg

Top Bottom