• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Test Drive / Ride And Drive Events

where can I test drive?

• answer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Search only revealed one thread from Dec2013- (but there might be updated speculations )

Do you think by the time they start production there will be locations to "take it for a spin"

When we get to the factory, and before closing the deal, we get to test ride it around,at least in the lot,?
A lot of the questions being asked these days are now answered at the Support Tab at the top of the EM updated website. There is another Support tab to the left but that is for asking a question. Here is the answer to your question as stated in the Support Tab:

• Are test drives available?
    Ultimately, yes. We’re planning a series of events close to the delivery of our first vehicle to let our supporters get the Elio feeling. Once we are in full production, you’ll be invited to one of our ride and drives that will be much more comprehensive, fun and informative than a typical “test drive.”

I hope this helps. :-) Z

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot of the questions being asked these days are now answered at the Support Tab at the top of the EM updated website. There is another Support tab to the left but that is for asking a question. Here is the answer to your question as stated in the Support Tab:

• Are test drives available?
    Ultimately, yes. We’re planning a series of events close to the delivery of our first vehicle to let our supporters get the Elio feeling. Once we are in full production, you’ll be invited to one of our ride and drives that will be much more comprehensive, fun and informative than a typical “test drive.”

I hope this helps. :) Z
I'm getting excited!!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi gang,

I've seen on the EM Facebook page where EM will reply in a post about "... we are planning a series of ride and drive events for our reservation holders around the start time of production".

I'm guessing they will be at the plant in Shreveport... Anybody have any information on such events?
I don't know where they will be, but I intend to be there! Two reasons: if the thing is just plain wretched to drive, or unbearably noisy ... i need to know that. I also want to check out the tranny -- if it's actually clutchless, I could see going with the manual (too old and beat-up to keep pounding the floor boards); otherwise it's the automatic. Need to drive to tell.

Of course, I'm guessing it will be a bit noisy, but generally civilized, and quite probably a lot of fun!

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I hit the send button on the 1000 dollars I excepted that the ELIO might not be prefect. Like some I have a feeling t maybe a bit noisy.
As much as I want to drive one now nothing will change the fact I want one. So if the first time I get to drive one is the day I pick it up so be it.
If I can work it out I would enjoy running down to pick it up our self. If Elio ever comes to Milwaukee or Chicago I would go out of my way to go see it.

PS: Add the word ELIO to your dictionary /spell checked and new word new meaning.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I hit the send button on the 1000 dollars I excepted that the ELIO might not be prefect. Like some I have a feeling t maybe a bit noisy.
As much as I want to drive one now nothing will change the fact I want one. So if the first time I get to drive one is the day I pick it up so be it.
If I can work it out I would enjoy running down to pick it up our self. If Elio ever comes to Milwaukee or Chicago I would go out of my way to go see it.

PS: Add the word ELIO to your dictionary /spell checked and new word new meaning.

me too, just wanted to get the "feel" of it before I hit the interstates on my way home with my new baby. I'm figuring the aftermarket will be there with a catback exhaust system, just so you know the engine is revving (LOL)

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
me too, just wanted to get the "feel" of it before I hit the interstates on my way home with my new baby. I'm figuring the aftermarket will be there with a catback exhaust system, just so you know the engine is revving (LOL)

Some will , weld a motorcycle exhaust pipe to it , cut off the CAT drill out the muffler I am betting on it. High flow Air cleaner.
While I have no plans to mess with mine I surly understand it . My new bikes never make it out of the dealer ship with out new pipes and Air cleaner.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
first of all, welcome to the forum ..... we have seen several reports of people in the news media driving in; as well as, some people from the company .... while its certainly possible that Paul could have allowed anyone he chooses to drive it, I haven't seen any reports about it

Top Bottom