• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Weeks Tech Talk Is All About Interiors

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would rather have all digital. If it's cheaper.

Speed, tach, oil temp, water temp, outside temp, direction, gal left in tank, trip, mileage, avg mpg. What’s left?

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Would rather have all digital. If it's cheaper.

Generally I am not a fan of all digital dashes however I would take just about anything over that concept they showed. I really did not like that but it still would not stop me from buying one.

Last edited:

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope Elio takes a look at VW interiors: not too expensive but feel solid and more expensive than they are. Although I'm spending $6800 on this car, I don't want a brand new interior that feels like its off an old taxi. This is the interior of a Skoda (Volkswagen) we had as a rental in Ireland. Although the car was pretty cheap, the interior was very well designed and built, especially in a rental car. I'll pay more for a good interior, since I'll be spending tons of time in that seat
Ireland 2013 692.JPG

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"I'll pay more for a good interior, since I'll be spending tons of time in that seat"

Sounds good. If you don't mind, please send all the rest of us the difference in the price so we can get the car to. :)

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Just keep the price low and I don't mind what it looks like. My Dad has had about 7 or 8 Pontiac Grand Prix and the door ajar light was on a little diagram of the car on a screen that showed which doors were open. I wish more cars did that
I certainly agree! As a guess I'de say Elio Motors is on the fast track trying to get all the pieces put together. Not too keen on the "watch dial " panel instruments but at this point not overly concerned. My big "can't wait to see" is the AIV engine mounted on a P? frame!!
So far I've seen a lot of (to my way of thinking) really good ideas and discussion such as ;tilt steering wheel", curved deflector hood to cover the wiper, aux 12 volt charging/power plugs, cruse control, trailer hitch option, standard transmission options (x2), and paint ideas of which I'm starting to tilt towards hi visibility colors. Hand holds (at least one) are a "should have" idea. Haven't heard anyone mention a windshield washer and certainly like the intermittent wiper controls in our Toyota'. Do really enjoy the "Tech Talk" updates!
PS, "Heads Up Elio", (my) "Boss" will be in Shreveport with instructions to find out "what's happening" during May! She's familiar with "southern talk" and knows what a "Parish" is!!
No rush Elio Moters, get-it right!
Add: Make the speedometer face a duel dial showing MPH on the outside ring and KM's on the inside, again, like the (standard?) Toyota meter! 0.6xKMs works for staying legal while traveling thru Canada.

Last edited:

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I do not care at all for the Lord Elgin Design dash. Lets stick to the analog gages and be done with it. I would like to see the dash package include a speedometer, tachometer, gas gage, oil pressure gage, water temperature and an ammeter along with the various idiots lights. I also believe, if Elio Motors is that concerned about safety, that the Bluetooth radio should be standard since in most places it's now against the law to talk on a cell phone and drive at the same time. In all likelihood I will be installing an after market system into my Elio if the Bluetooth isn't standard.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just to go on record regarding the Lord Elgin Design instrument cluster. I don't like it. Analog, baby. I've had digital everything and although it is cool, practicality is lost on the instruments that require quick scans as you operate the vehicle. I don't have to know my speed or engine rpm to the nearest tenth nor do I want to take the time to interpret the digits.

The solution that I like best is the 'glass cockpit'. A display screen that can provide a video representation of analog, digital or a combination of both as well as virtually any other pertinent information. Since such a system would likely increase the cost of the vehicle by 50%, I don't expect to see one incorporated.

Just give me good old analog for all the important stuff and I'll be just fine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom