• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hay, this looks just like Rickb's post.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/trailer-towing-elio-towing.334/page-22

Holy Crap! Now that's what I call a trailer option. We may actually need a factory tow package for that bad boy design.
Attached Files:
If it is true, I'm glad to see the trailer is a 3 wheeler .. Makes more sense to relieve tongue weight and for stability..But it's a wait n see.. When I asked about a rear hitch in OKC the reps said no rear hitch ..Your guess is as good as the next persons at this point..

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wondering why Weekly Driver had the article before EM did on their news site or facebook..As you can see it's a drawing so could be bs,, After checking it looks like your right, Rickb and someone else had this posted..So old news..My bad !
It's cool, just combining the information.

Roberto Benitez

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I saw this picture a long time ago-soon after I heard about the Elio. It is simply a modified Elio photo. I took this to be simply someone having fun with a image editor. I saw this article the other day--my thought was that they came across the image, and did not bother to investigate.

Bill Gillespie

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was trying to be funny in my first post, of some using the trailering option to get their Elio from point to point (like RVs).

The picture 3 Card posted, to my understanding, is an artist's conception drawing. There is no trailer that looks like that and my understanding is there are no plans for a factory trailer hitch option. But, I've been wrong before.

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw this picture a long time ago-soon after I heard about the Elio. It is simply a modified Elio photo. I took this to be simply someone having fun with a image editor. I saw this article the other day--my thought was that they came across the image, and did not bother to investigate.

The article was fairly new, it indicated Elio has passed 15 k in reservations which they did this month..The drawing is of a p3. I also read an article somewhere that ridiculed Elio for comparing it's emisions to cow farts and went on to say not much to brag about for an ELECTRIC CAR.. That shows news people do not always research before they publish..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was trying to be funny in my first post, of some using the trailering option to get their Elio from point to point (like RVs).

The picture 3 Card posted, to my understanding, is an artist's conception drawing. There is no trailer that looks like that and my understanding is there are no plans for a factory trailer hitch option. But, I've been wrong before.
I also have doubts, and acknowledged it was a drawing ..if you go to WEEKLY DRIVER on the net you can read the article..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DITTO

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The picture 3 Card posted, to my understanding, is an artist's conception drawing. There is no trailer that looks like that and my understanding is there are no plans for a factory trailer hitch option. But, I've been wrong before.[/quot

Personally I like the idea a member had when he posted a light weight cheap trailer ( harbor freight, I think ) with a car topper mounted to it, looked great and according to him the trailer cost less than 200 bucks and weighed about 100 or so.. Wish I could find his picture,, Another thing I jumped the gun at was saying the three wheeled trailer wouuld be better for stability, after thinking it would be a nightmare having two in the rear and one in the front..

Top Bottom