• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
does anyone know if there will be provisions for a standard or aftermarket addition of a transmission cooler

Jim

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given that the Auto is actually an automaticly clutched and shifted manual gearbox ( from what I can find stated by Elio) a cooler should be unnecessary. That is an opinion only based on the lack of typical heat generating hydro pumps and valves. With knowing the exact gearbox all is conjecture at this point.
I plan on mounting a reciever tube and brackets to be able to use my K bike hard bags for luggage and an aluminum kayak trailer occasionally. My camper is a hammock so it fits in a hardbag easily :)

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofyone said "My plan is to build something like this as it will hold more than any rooftop carrier I could fit on the Elio yet still be somewhat aerodynamic, light, and small enough to towed easily by the Elio."

Build me one too. I'll drive to pick it up. Now your building for two. I hope that inspires you more.

Last edited:

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hitch would be very useful and not just for trailer. Bike rack, small rack for wheel chair or electric scooter, extra luggage rack, you get the idea. Even thinking little trailer house for the 3 amigos. They pretty much go where ever we do and are well seasoned travelers.

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Much of the speculative discussion in many of the forums could be rendered moot. LOL I did find this statement from Elio regarding towing:
View attachment 2525
Hmmmm,
I didn't take it as being singled out.........so the apology is moot too. LOL You are correct about serious speculation getting out of control, but for the most part it has entertainment value while passing some time while we wait.

It sounds like EM is doing a little speculation of their own as far as how the Elio may be best be towed.
I once spent two years planning the perfect vacation. Turned out to be the worsed one ever. Today I don't plan anything...unless it's the next meal. It is a lot more fun to take each day, and wing-it..

Top Bottom