• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Towing The Elio / Towing With The Elio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please search my posting with thread name "Latest Official Stance" No trailer attachments for the first production but some aftermarket vendors are working on it. No showing at Sturgis due to concerns over drunkeness and possible photos of "naked women" photos on or around the Elio that would reflect poorly on the marque.

I need to get to Sturgis!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rocky Mountains?
I was thinking centrally located Host City........and scenic. I would like access to a luxury hotel accommodation since I won't be able to tow a tent trailer. I lie.........I'd rather be provided luxury accommodations irregardless.

Hey, how about Sturgis..........the week prior to the Sturgis Bike Rally to get the locals reved up.

Georgie

Reaction score
I need to get to Sturgis!

No one has ever bothered me at Sturgis whether II rode a Harley or a Suzuki. I do think that wherever a person goes and parks, especially at night, a big threat of theft will occur. I plan to put a motion detecting security device on my Elio that includes an alert pager that I can put in my pocket. Some Harley people have used these for years.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking centrally located Host City........and scenic. I would like access to a luxury hotel accommodation since I won't be able to tow a tent trailer. I lie.........I'd rather be provided luxury accommodations irregardless.

Hey, how about Sturgis..........the week prior to the Sturgis Bike Rally to get the locals reved up.

Never been there. Might be cool to see Mt. Rushmore while we're there. Still have about a year and a half before we have to decide on a locale.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
docsabre has obviously never been to Sturgis, I have many times. I wish there were as many naked women there as he seems to think there are. It ain't like the olden days but apparently, the legends live on...

I just want to clarify that was not docsabre's opinion but what he was told by an Elio Motors representative at the latest showing in Los Angeles this past weekend.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never been there. Might be cool to see Mt. Rushmore while we're there. Still have about a year and a half before we have to decide on a locale.
Promoting tourism for my old home State of South Dakota..........Mount Rushmore is a must see Elio Drive on the twisting Needles Highway whether we Rally there or not! There is one dark tunnel you pass through that opens to a direct in line view of the monument........spectatcular view..........and also the Crazy Horse Monument is taking form.

Top Bottom