• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got mine #7,810.

Congratulations and welcome from Oregon, Skipjack3. I hope you enjoy the group and the many discussion we provide. There is a wealth of knowledge buried in these posts. If you can't find the answer by using the search function, then ask and someone on there will most likely know the answer or will try to find it for you. Maybe I will see you in the future as we go a driving in our Elios. :-) Z

pete.d

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. What was your reaction and what did you say?

I think it's funny that most people think any scam is a Ponzi scheme. A Ponzi scheme is a fraud where "the payment of quick returns [go] to the first investors from money invested by later investors." There's no investors that are getting quick returns. In fact no investors are getting any returns. I've even seen an argument from some, that we reservation-holders are not really an example of investors.

So if this was a scam, other than the idea that reservation holders are not investors, and early reservation-holders have been waiting for a few years and have nothing received in return, and no reservation holders are getting anything until the product is ready.... sure, it's a perfect Ponzi scheme. lol

You're right Jeff, it's no more a Ponzi scheme than Amway (which is quite healthy, last I heard), and I don't think it's a fraud of any kind. But new start-ups using deposits to fund day-to-day expenses is nothing new. I'm encouraged to see the report that the factory lease is real; there have been many pie-in-the-sky start-ups that never made it so far.

I'm "all in" for $100, no sweat, but $1000 is more than I can afford to lose. Sure it would be nice to have a real "place in line", but it's not worth $900 extra for me. Once the production line is rolling I'll probably upgrade, but even though I got in almost at the beginning I figure that it's better to wait a few extra months while the early bugs get worked out.

When they do get rolling, I'll take mine with a Manual transmission; nothing else matters that much to me. That might give me an earlier slot anyway: new-design Automatics tend to have a lot of teething troubles, while Manuals (and their associated clutches) are much more straightforward.

Pete

Reaction score
When I talked to the company a couple of weeks ago...DECEMBER was the operative word. At 8,415, I'm thinking I'll be heading over to Shreveport mid to late January, 2016. (Actually, I'm betting on later than that.)

Yes, I was told something like that, August 16th in Royal Oak MI. "September might not happen till December". I didn't make too much of it. That was before the big rush. I am waiting for three Elios with spread out production numbers (#1685 blue & $5648 white and a red one with only $100.00 on it). I want to get my Elios finished with no problems, recalls and screw up.
I am just surprised that this is really working out and it is REAL............ .. IT IS REAL PEOPLE !!!!!

Rob Liszi

Reaction score
Just finding time to log into this site. My "all in" number is 6029 and I was blown away when I finally got to put my hands on the P4 in Royal Oak. I was surprised that my first impression was that I would have to move the seat forward for my 6' 2" 245 lb. body could get comfortable. I am looking forward to receiving my Elio and just really hope this comes to market and not just a pipe dream.

Top Bottom