• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course that engine has been spun and they already know there's something good about it which is why they're giddy with it despite production funding woes. Note, Elio has been very careful to say the remaining capital he needs is for production, not development, testing or anything else, that means he's got that where he wants it. Production capital is when you have massive amounts going out because you actually have production expenses like employee's etc but don't yet have positive cashflow from sales. I'm a professional student too, ABD and the pay does suck.
Just go write the damn thing. Break it into 300-word chunks and you'll be done in no time. That's what I did.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After 7 years of attempting to obtain financing to further R&D of a "mythical vehicle"...it's probably time to face the obvious reality...

He's already squandered 65 million...and still not a single specification ready prototype has been built ...and yet Mr Elio wants to find investors that will pour another 240 million down the rabbit hole...not very likely!

It time for Mr Elio is start offering refunds to those non-refundable deposit holders who have lost confidence...and wish to have their money returned...

If he truly has any ethic's...the offer to make refunds should start immediately!
TE, you're obviously having a wonderful time. But truly -- returning non-refundable deposits is beyond idiotic. Elio has no moral or ethical or legal obligation to do so, and there is no evidence that the company is dead. Struggling for finance, yes, but far, far from dead. So, please, quit saying the same infantile things over and over again. Or, better, just go away. Soon. Please.

roadtrippin2016

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Of course that engine has been spun and they already know there's something good about it which is why they're giddy with it despite production funding woes. Note, Elio has been very careful to say the remaining capital he needs is for production, not development, testing or anything else, that means he's got that where he wants it. Production capital is when you have massive amounts going out because you actually have production expenses like employee's etc but don't yet have positive cashflow from sales. I'm a professional student too, ABD and the pay does suck.
You are RIGHT ON...Period ! The majority of the people have no clue to what it takes to do what Paul Elio has taken on. The impatience and lack of knowledge in the start up manufacturing business shows up very strongly with each and every posting of those that got on early with their deposits and now whine about not getting their Elio. I'll admit the changing of dates for hiring/production/etc. have been taken to the "Etched in stone mentality"...it would be better off from here on out for the Elio decision makers in the media to say, " The best guesstimate on the actual hiring date would be....." and then proceed to detail the conditions that need to happen in order for that hiring date to materialize. OR...our best estimate for first run productions on the Elio are....then explain the capital funding/sales of excess equipment/established necessary robotics in place/etc. This would be detailed...but,when you say production will start in late 2015...people start to hold you at your exact words....G

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DSC00654.jpg

After 7 years of attempting to obtain financing to further R&D of a "mythical vehicle"...it's probably time to face the obvious reality...

He's already squandered 65 million...and still not a single specification ready prototype has been built ...and yet Mr Elio wants to find investors that will pour another 240 million down the rabbit hole...not very likely!

It time for Mr Elio is start offering refunds to those non-refundable deposit holders who have lost confidence...and wish to have their money returned...

If he truly has any ethic's...the offer to make refunds should start immediately!
I've actually sat in the "mythical vehicle" You don't have to believe me but it is real.

There.That is me sitting in an actual Elio. Amazing, right? No Photoshop there, just a poor picture. I thought it was mythicAl too but then I actually saw it. I even walked right over and touched it with my very own hand. And then, you probably won't believe this- I sat in it. Yup, Me. I sat right inside that very real Elio. Amazing.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe doing a refurb on the P4 including the new engine is actually the plan however it is planned for after the engine is cleared by IAV and we still do not know when that will happen. Hopefully we will find out more details at the engine unveiling and official 'first start' on February 6. :)
So you think they're going to skip the rob-it-of-oil-til-it-breaks test? They don't have a spare block sitting around for when the cylinders get all scored and burned out. What they obviously need is two or three more engines, ASAP .... which is about 6 months if they're hand-made like the first one.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Funny that race car people build engines every year. Those engines putting out 2000 HP and are in drag cars and boats. Elio needs a new engine builder I think. Their engine compared to the race engines is barbie doll stuff.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well,,, I'm going to try and look at the delay as a good thing, as best I can.
After all, it's only 6 months. and as I see it. That gives EM time to tweak the details.
Also June of 16 will be a deadline date if I have ever seen one. I think EM needs a deadline.
No more waiting around on the government loan, no more waiting, looking for the last MPG, no more looking for that last dollar to make the $6800. price.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well,,, I'm going to try and look at the delay as a good thing, as best I can.
After all, it's only 6 months. and as I see it. That gives EM time to tweak the details.
Also June of 16 will be a deadline date if I have ever seen one. I think EM needs a deadline.
No more waiting around on the government loan, no more waiting, looking for the last MPG, no more looking for that last dollar to make the $6800. price.
6 months would be production starting April 2016. since Elio had said 3rd. quarter of '14.
Hiring would have to start Feb. 2016. NEVER , NEVER happen.

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 4384

I've actually sat in the "mythical vehicle" You don't have to believe me but it is real.

There.That is me sitting in an actual Elio. Amazing, right? No Photoshop there, just a poor picture. I thought it was mythicAl too but then I actually saw it. I even walked right over and touched it with my very own hand. And then, you probably won't believe this- I sat in it. Yup, Me. I sat right inside that very real Elio. Amazing.

I'm happy you were able to sit in the P4...which is a styling mockup at best...and not a true production ready test mule...

7 years...65 million...and still no specification ready prototypes...

Promises...promises...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy you were able to sit in the P4...which is a styling mockup at best...and not a true production ready test mule...

7 years...65 million...and still no specification ready prototypes...

Promises...promises...
Ford delayed production of the all new F-150 by 3 months
"Ford also owes it to itself. The company obviously never wants to undergo the industry ridicule and shellacking by the automotive press it took after spending an estimated six years and $6 billion developing its world car - the Mondeo/Contour/Mystique. "

Now, if Ford (who hasn't gone bankrupt yet) spent $6B developing that one vehicle and even this past year had a delay of 3 months producing its most popular product, why in the heck do you think Elio can do it without delays? You may be living in a world of self entitlement and instant gratification there. My two teenage daughters live there as well.

Top Bottom