• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/16/2016 Letter From Paul Elio

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
(if you ask me the time and my watch is wrong, do you accuse me of lying about the time?)

ONCE , NO. But 5 times YES.

Anyway the buck should stop with Paul, he should know the time.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First off, great reply though I don't think you will penetrate any of the (4) knuckle heads having a field day with the "I told you so." BS. I would add to your comment, for the record (unless someone has EM Advertised proof) they while they said they were targeting production in late 2015 they NEVER said the were targeting SHIPPING in late 2015. Technically they are building motors as we speak and I do believe no matter how much the (4) negative preachers (we all know who they are) on this forum cry this project is still moving forward. That is the only fact we know and the only one we can continue to discuss. On the lighter side, I estimate if everyone BLOCKED just (4) individuals over the past 2 days there would only be 6 posts! Lol. Let them vent, cry, preach, whatever, soon enough they will fall off their soap box and go away...... I for one have time and was smart enough (as were most) to Read the agreement I signed into clearly. Managed Expectations.
Yea, normally I just sit by and watch, but today is a really slow day at work so I figured Id throw my 2 cents in and listen to all the noise it makes.
I just can't fathom anyone reading that agreement and not being prepared for loosing their money, I am just glad we made it this far. It's one thing to be upset, heck Id like my Elio tonight, but to claim outright lies is another.

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, great reply though I don't think you will penetrate any of the (4) knuckle heads having a field day with the "I told you so." BS. I would add to your comment, for the record (unless someone has EM Advertised proof) while they said they were targeting production in late 2015 they NEVER said the were targeting SHIPPING in late 2015. Technically they are building motors as we speak and I do believe no matter how much the (4) negative preachers (we all know who they are) on this forum cry this project is still moving forward. That is the only fact we know and the only one we can continue to discuss. On the lighter side, I estimate if everyone BLOCKED just (4) individuals over the past 2 days there would only be 6 posts! Lol. Let them vent, cry, preach, whatever, soon enough they will fall off their soap box and go away...... I for one have time and was smart enough (as were most) to Read the agreement I signed into clearly. Managed Expectations.

I stated before in a thread that a huge number of you all remind me a dramatic girlfriend who claims you "yell" at her when you're merely talking calmly. Your post adds to the growing legend of this forum being bar none the most sensitive forum I have ever participated in all of my 15 years of online automotive forum participation. To use some modern internet slang, you all get butthurt wayyyyyy too easily.

Truly honestly I am completely baffled at your collective sensitive nature. The "negative preachers" on this forum and even particularly in this thread is Mickey Mouse stuff compared to what you'll find DAILY on any other automotive forum in which people don't get hysterically offended over miniscule criticisms or "I told you so" type comments. You talking about blocking people over some of this stuff is downright puzzling.

I must be in some bizarre internet world. I really can't tell if some of you guys are downright sensitive dorks or you're out of touch with internet forum realities or what. But it's very strange and I continue to be baffled at this forum.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how can anyone think they can build a new car company without the $ ??

so i got a cheep tshirt and bumper sticker ..

what a scam ...

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really need to get a new watch...
and by your res# I am guessing you've only been lied to twice..
I admire your attempt to reason with the reactionaries.

But I doubt it will work. They are just lashing out with impotent rage because their feelings are hurt and they can't do anything else. Hopefully they'll get over it or at least quiet down. Then the rest of us can get on with watching this roulette wheel spin in peace while we speculate on where it will stop. (That doesn't include the couple of bona fide trolls.)

Those of us that have been paying attention know this is a gamble, knew there would be more delays, and don't get our feelings hurt when we get bad news.

james92se

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so right. Making a point, stating a point are wonderful and helpful. Drilling your point over and over until (as you put it) you feel butthurt is another intention. Sorry if this baffles you, seemed pretty straight forward to me??

A huge segment of this forum is nearly wholly comprised of hyper optimistic drink-the-cool-aid types who come off as naïve at best and perhaps even gullible. A large segment of the posts and threads I read on this site come off as just nerdy fluff (zomg wut stickers r u gonna put on ur Elio?!) with then 10 pages of affirming replies.

Anything that is not even remotely along those lines seems to just mortally offend a huge segment of you all for some reason. That's what I find especially bizarre here. God forbid anybody is even remotely critical of the official Elio company timeline and talking points.

Listen, I really want this car. I spent a grand on it already. I just wish this forum would grow some collective thicker skin and lose the overall fluffy naïve mindset.

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now Mr Elio is promising production a year and half in the future...

No creditability left...and raising an additional 240 million is absolutely unrealistic at this point...

Ethically....it's time to use the remaining money...and refund all the deposit holders that no longer share his dream...

This has become a fairy tale at best...

Top Bottom