• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
here again, trust among long time supporters is one thing and I can certainly see your point among them .... the reality is, the vast, vast majority of the folks out there have never heard of an Elio .... my hunch is we will continue to see long lines at the tour .... some folks will hit FaceBook hard with major negatives but that is nothing new .... news paper press releases will continue to note there have been delays and list the new production goal .... registration numbers will continue to rise at a rate yet to be determined .... I agree that the government loan is huge; if not, critical .... if they develop and publicize large dollar private investment, I can see that as a major plus .... in this case, I do believe that continued silence on funding issues (which has been the norm) will be a bad thing for EM
As most people can tell by the number of my posts I have been a very strong advocate of Elio and firmly believed it would be produced. However, I consider this situation and additional delay a serious setback and it has caused me to drop my confidence in Elio from a very strong 10 to, at best, 5 or 50/50 chance. IMO confidence in EM will only return when they become a little more transparent about their financials. We have been told that there were enough investors to begin production and that the ATVM would be supplemental funding that would facilitate meeting the production demands. Obviously, such was NOT the case. Having a dream and achieving a dream are different. Dreams cannot be achieved without a plan and I think most of us would like to see at least the rough draft of that plan.

Time for me to look at my Elio as a dream that I may someday see but not plan on. It has been fun but for me its time to move on to other things. My experience with the Elio forum and its members has been fantastic and they represented wonderful diversity. Good luck to EM's future.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul' best bet at this point is to find a buyer. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota......... Someone with the clout and $$$ to see this thing through. Much of the R&D has been accomplished so its not that bad of an investment for a potential buyer.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul' best bet at this point is to find a buyer. Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota......... Someone with the clout and $$$ to see this thing through. Much of the R&D has been accomplished so its not that bad of an investment for a potential buyer.
Not a bad plan for all IF they can keep to ~ 84MPG and ~ $6800. Otherwise the whole project is a bust. The problem is, I can't see one of the big guys being able to produce a car at that price, unless they factor in the CAFE credits that will allow them to sell all their other behemoths at crazy prices.

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's time for Elio Motors to use all their remaining cash to offer refunds to any & all deposit holder's that make that request...

It's the ethical thing for Mr Elio to do given the current low probability that the Elio Vehicle will come to market...

And those that still wish to remain in line...can certainly do so...and keep their deposits in place...

Last edited:

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's time for Elio Motors to use all their remaining cash to offer refunds to any & all deposit holder's that make that request...

It's the ethical thing for Mr Elio to do given the current low probability that the Elio Vehicle will come to market...

And those that still wish to remain in line...can certainty do so...and keep their deposits in place...

I asked a similar question in another post. We'll all find out how ethical Paul Elio really is soon.

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe that the latest target date of mid 2016 is their last chance .... according to their contract fines will kick in if 1,500 jobs haven't been created at the factory .... that deadline has been extended by 6 months so it appears that the clock is kicking ..... I believe that the progress shown between now late this year will tell the story ....

For perspective, that possible fine is $7.5M (1500 jobs x $5K). It is the same amount of money the Parish spent to purchase the plant.

While $7.5M is a lot of money, it is small change relative to the $240M that Elio Motors needs to start production.

The deadline for the fine could be extended again IF Elio has made sufficient financial progress toward the $240M goal. Both Racer Trust and Caddo Parish (particularly the Commission members that voted FOR the purchase) want to see Elio Motors succeed.

Top Bottom