• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You post this like none of us knew about it. Regardless of the "fine print" you must first establish trust. He had more of it back then.

because of you long history with EM I understand your view point .... the reality is, the registration numbers last year don't indicated a loss of trust across the board .... in fact, interest/confidence as reflected in reservations has never been higher .... my belief hasn't changed .... that being, I believe they are making a strong effort to bring the Elio into production .... in doing so they have overcome some major hurdles and they have some even higher ones in front of them .... I too have posted that bring it into production in 2015 didn't seem possible, too much to do, too little time to do it .... I believe that the latest target date of mid 2016 is their last chance .... according to their contract fines will kick in if 1,500 jobs haven't been created at the factory .... that deadline has been extended by 6 months so it appears that the clock is kicking ..... I believe that the progress shown between now late this year will tell the story ....

Elio Addict
Reaction score
because of you long history with EM I understand your view point .... the reality is, the registration numbers last year don't indicated a loss of trust across the board .... in fact, interest/confidence as reflected in reservations has never been higher .... my belief hasn't changed .... that being, I believe they are making a strong effort to bring the Elio into production .... in doing so they have overcome some major hurdles and they have some even higher ones in front of them .... I too have posted that bring it into production in 2015 didn't seem possible, too much to do, too little time to do it .... I believe that the latest target date of mid 2016 is their last chance .... according to their contract fines will kick in if 1,500 jobs haven't been created at the factory .... that deadline has been extended by 6 months so it appears that the clock is kicking ..... I believe that the progress shown between now late this year will tell the story ....

I just think they lost too much trust. I'll be surprised if they get many more reservations. Only way is if the DOE loan gets approved which I doubt it will, engine or not.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just think they lost too much trust. I'll be surprised if they get many more reservations. Only way is if the DOE loan gets approved which I doubt it will, engine or not.

here again, trust among long time supporters is one thing and I can certainly see your point among them .... the reality is, the vast, vast majority of the folks out there have never heard of an Elio .... my hunch is we will continue to see long lines at the tour .... some folks will hit FaceBook hard with major negatives but that is nothing new .... news paper press releases will continue to note there have been delays and list the new production goal .... registration numbers will continue to rise at a rate yet to be determined .... I agree that the government loan is huge; if not, critical .... if they develop and publicize large dollar private investment, I can see that as a major plus .... in this case, I do believe that continued silence on funding issues (which has been the norm) will be a bad thing for EM

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The current state of Elio Motors has not been very hard to forecast...the lack of a specification ready prototype has always been a huge red-flag...

The biggest negative has always been that Elio Motors has a huge shortfall of avaible capitol...which results in underfunding of the Eio Vehicle R&D program...

Mr Elio has always bragged about all the suppliers that are "on board"...but other than IAV...there's no proof that Elio has been able pay the remaining supplier to undertake the R&D necessary to bring this vehicle to market...

I will not belabor the point...Elio Motors is a maketing company...and has yet to prove they can transition into a automobile/motorcycle manufacturer...

There may be niche market for the Elio Vehicle...but Mr Elio's projection for 250,000 annual units projection has never been remotely realistic...

The Elio story is not over...but there's lots of hand writing already on the wall...and it reads...promises...promises...promises...

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The Elio story is not over...but there's lots of hand writing already on the wall...and it reads...promises...promises...promises..."

I think you are wrong. I think Elio is done. People have stood beside them for 4 delays but this one I think will nail the coffin.

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"The Elio story is not over...but there's lots of hand writing already on the wall...and it reads...promises...promises...promises..."

I think you are wrong. I think Elio is done. People have stood beside them for 4 delays but this one I think will nail the coffin.

Wayne...I really can't disagree with you...I see no realistic scenario that would allow Elio Motors to raise an additional 230 million necessary to bring the Elio Vehicle to market ...

Top Bottom