• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I now believe that they flat out lied to us.
Yesteday their reps on FB said they were on track for 2015. Either someone lied to them, or they lied to us.

See, I wasn't just a "hater". EM has done this all along and managed to keep the reservations growing. It has always been going to production between 12-18 months. What is it now? Something like 14-16 months out, just enough to bait more investors.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The irony of this statement kills me, considering lemmings never jumped off cliffs - it was faked for entertainment value.
Most people quote this because they don't do their research.
Misconceptions about lemmings go back many centuries. In the 1530s, the geographer Zeigler of Strasbourg proposed the theory that the creatures fell out of the sky during stormy weather (also featured in the folklore of the Inupiat/Yupik at Norton Sound), and then died suddenly when the grass grew in spring.[5] This description was contradicted by the natural historian Ole Worm, who accepted that lemmings could fall out of the sky, but claimed they had been brought over by the wind rather than created by spontaneous generation. Worm first published dissections of a lemming, which showed they are anatomically similar to most other rodents, and the work of Carl Linnaeus proved they had a natural origin.[6][7]

220px-LemmingCorpse.jpg
When large numbers of lemmings migrate, some of them will inevitably drown while crossing rivers and lakes, like this one in Norway.
Lemmings have become the subject of a widely popular misconception that they commit mass suicide when they migrate. It is not a mass suicide, but the result of their migratory behavior. Driven by strong biological urges, some species of lemmings may migrate in large groups when population density becomes too great. Lemmings can swim and may choose to cross a body of water in search of a new habitat. In such cases, many may drown if the body of water is so wide as to stretch their physical capability to the limit. This fact, combined with the unexplained fluctuations in the population of Norwegian lemmings, gave rise to the misconception.

Stolen from Wikipedia

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WAKE UP PEOPLE, get out the VASELINE, Elio is ready for another year.
And to think some of you said I was out in the cold about Elio.
I'll probably lose money too but I wasn't wrong.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My apologies for less than positive postings over the last several weeks but I started having my doubts about this about a year ago. Paul is a smart man but deceptive as hell. He wants his dream to come true and so do all of us. I’ve already gambled my $1,000 dollars and have the ability to easily afford it, others may not. I’ve read posts from people going back some time now and have made assumptions on some of them that making a deposit on an Elio is a financial burden. Too many, this was probably their only opportunity to afford a new vehicle and losing $1,000 will hurt. Will Paul Elio be so self-centered that he will continue to sucker the people that can afford it the least? He was marketing this vehicle to college students and others with limited financial means as well as those of us who wanted something different, sporty and fuel efficient. What ethical path will Paul walk down? There has to be a law to protect people from people and companies like this. I know there are no guarantees (I’ve read the dam contract) but there must be some protection from lies. At this point I think it would be easy to prove that Paul’s production dates were wishful fabrications at best.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, I shouldn't have. It's the truth and your starting to see it.
Regardless, there are ways to handle things. One is to give me facts and let me make my decision. Another is to call me a fool. You and some others on here go too far in your vitriol of Paul and everything Elio and seem to delight in bringing us all down.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My apologies for less than positive postings over the last several weeks but I started having my doubts about this about a year ago. Paul is a smart man but deceptive as hell. He wants his dream to come true and so do all of us. I’ve already gambled my $1,000 dollars and have the ability to easily afford it, others may not. I’ve read posts from people going back some time now and have made assumptions on some of them that making a deposit on an Elio is a financial burden. Too many, this was probably their only opportunity to afford a new vehicle and losing $1,000 will hurt. Will Paul Elio be so self-centered that he will continue to sucker the people that can afford it the least? He was marketing this vehicle to college students and others with limited financial means as well as those of us who wanted something different, sporty and fuel efficient. What ethical path will Paul walk down? There has to be a law to protect people from people and companies like this. I know there are no guarantees (I’ve read the dam contract) but there must be some protection from lies. At this point I think it would be easy to prove that Paul’s production dates were wishful fabrications at best.
I don't think anyone with financial issues would have had an extra grand (or even $100) to gamble on a vehicle a year or more away. I am going to go out on a limb and say those who did put down money, had it to squander. And if they didn't read the agreement, shame on them. I had to read that thing 5 times before I clicked my money away.

Top Bottom