• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a little bit of a hit-piece, not quite as bad as Jo Borras. It is discouraging that Elio is being stingy with photos or videos of an assembled and running engine. Enough so that I've slipped my expected delivery date. As discussed in another thread last year, I'm still at 60%/40% confidence they will succeed. Fingers crossed.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I don't mind the questions, especially from Caddo Parish. They did pony up a lot of money to help buy the plant. But the story, as is most news stories is off. The headline makes it sound like there is a new delay. That delay was announced last March, so it's a little decieving. And somehow they got ahold of the biggest negative Nelly on the Elio Owners facebook page (a bitter person who seems angry at life with all his posts, think 3Card that used to be here). There may indeed be further delays, but i will wait until i here it from Paul.

You nailed it Neal, totally agree.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a little bit of a hit-piece, not quite as bad as Jo Borras. It is discouraging that Elio is being stingy with photos or videos of an assembled and running engine. Enough so that I've slipped my expected delivery date. As discussed in another thread last year, I'm still at 60%/40% confidence they will succeed. Fingers crossed.
Agreed. Video of the engine running on the dyno, along with PRELIMINARY horse power, torque, and fuel mileage numbers would be a huge boost to morale. Their tech notes seemed to be leading up to the 'big engine moment' back in November, then silence. Some engine news by now would seem reasonable. Silence makes you wonder if maybe the news isn't so good and IAV is scrambling.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem as I see it is that Elio Motors is telling the truth but people just are not understanding, or not wanting to understand, what they are saying. By saying they are 'on track for production in 2015' EM is telling us that they feel they can do this however they are also not promising this will be the case. We know there are plenty of questions which EM does not even have the answer to yet, ATVM loan?, however at this point this does not mean that these questions will not be answered in time to prevent production in 2015.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Most responses to Facebook question rarely mention third quarter any more, just we are on track for 2015.

You are right, it is rarely, but I did see an answer recently where someone said " WHEN in 2015?" and EM replied "September is the target." :)

I get that it does directly affect us reservation holders, if production starts in Sept or if it starts in 2016 sometime. My point is: if that level of affecting is so big that a reservation-holder's life is changed drastically, or their personal situation is made worse, then perhaps a reservation shouldn't have been made by said person for the car. It is a gamble, a risk, to make a reservation. The reservation-holder is taking a risk. If after making the reservation, the person is now frustrated with that risk, not sure what to tell the person, other than hang in there, do what you can to limit the frustration and pain that a delayed production date will create. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Video of the engine running on the dyno, along with PRELIMINARY horse power, torque, and fuel mileage numbers would be a huge boost to morale. Their tech notes seemed to be leading up to the 'big engine moment' back in November, then silence. Some engine news by now would seem reasonable. Silence makes you wonder if maybe the news isn't so good and IAV is scrambling.

So what if there was a problem? EM is not going to tell us every detail and many details will indeed be withheld because of possible negative reaction. This is the way any smart business operates.

As long as they get any issues resolved in a time frame that allows EM to accomplish the necessary vehicle testing in time for production this year the details may be fun to discuss however they really do not matter.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that EM and staff have better things to do than hold our hands and keep us calm? The job that EM set for itself is massive and complex. Under the contract I signed, I get my vehicle "when, as and if" produced. I'd love to see my keys under the tree next Christmas, but I'm not going to freak out if it takes another three to six months. Guys, take a cold shower.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that EM and staff have better things to do than hold our hands and keep us calm? The job that EM set for itself is massive and complex. Under the contract I signed, I get my vehicle "when, as and if" produced. I'd love to see my keys under the tree next Christmas, but I'm not going to freak out if it takes another three to six months. Guys, take a cold shower.
Well said.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right, it is rarely, but I did see an answer recently where someone said " WHEN in 2015?" and EM replied "September is the target." :)

I get that it does directly affect us reservation holders, if production starts in Sept or if it starts in 2016 sometime. My point is: if that level of affecting is so big that a reservation-holder's life is changed drastically, or their personal situation is made worse, then perhaps a reservation shouldn't have been made by said person for the car. It is a gamble, a risk, to make a reservation. The reservation-holder is taking a risk. If after making the reservation, the person is now frustrated with that risk, not sure what to tell the person, other than hang in there, do what you can to limit the frustration and pain that a delayed production date will create. :)
Just tell them:
32371668.jpg

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lol, one thing human beings (especially Americans) do better than all other living things is complain. People must eat, drink, breathe, sleep, evacuate, and complain. Some are just better than others at doing it.

I'm more evolved of course because I don't complain about anything except about people that complain.

Top Bottom