• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chris F nailed it! I believe Elio Motors when they say the engine is running (don't need a video) and that they are on track to their 'anticipated' 2015 production schedule. If the engine blows during testing or Paul Elio says it's not quite ready folks, they will announce a new 'anticipated' production schedule..........for now they appear to be on schedule.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just as they have done all along, Elio will continue to state that they are on schedule for 2015 for as long as they ethically can to keep the reservations growing and investors happy. When they do announce a 2nd quarter 2016 production date (JIMO) strategically in April to June timeframe, new reservationists and investors will still see "one year out to production" and not get turned off. Logistically there is just too much to do to meet the current schedule. I hope I have the chance to eat crow but this is how I see it going and I'm basing it on Elio's past performance and production schedules. They never announce a date too far off as to discourage new money and reservations from coming in. Since I made my reservation I've always been with a 12-16 months of production (within reasonable wait times). News from Elio is always slow to the public. If they in fact have a running engine like they say they do then news of it should be flowing from Elio like crap from a goose. Instead, they are more tight lipped about it and treating it like a secret military operation. The engine is the "bait" to keep everyone nibbling and success or failure of it will be just as slow as everything else Elio releases. If Paul isn't successful in producing the Elio he should for sure try politics and run for office.

Just saying...

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that EM and staff have better things to do than hold our hands and keep us calm? The job that EM set for itself is massive and complex. Under the contract I signed, I get my vehicle "when, as and if" produced. I'd love to see my keys under the tree next Christmas, but I'm not going to freak out if it takes another three to six months. Guys, take a cold shower.
I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I'd also point out without the 38,000 people who have put their money in the pot, getting investors would be significantly more difficult. Having 60,000 people with money in the pot would make an even stronger case. Some communication would quite the 38,000 and help push that 38,000 to 60,000.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just as they have done all along, Elio will continue to state that they are on schedule for 2015 for as long as they ethically can to keep the reservations growing and investors happy. When they do announce a 2nd quarter 2016 production date (JIMO) strategically in April to June timeframe, new reservationists and investors will still see "one year out to production" and not get turned off. Logistically there is just too much to do to meet the current schedule. I hope I have the chance to eat crow but this is how I see it going and I'm basing it on Elio's past performance and production schedules. They never announce a date too far off as to discourage new money and reservations from coming in. Since I made my reservation I've always been with a 12-16 months of production (within reasonable wait times). News from Elio is always slow to the public. If they in fact have a running engine like they say they do then news of it should be flowing from Elio like crap from a goose. Instead, they are more tight lipped about it and treating it like a secret military operation. The engine is the "bait" to keep everyone nibbling and success or failure of it will be just as slow as everything else Elio releases. If Paul isn't successful in producing the Elio he should for sure try politics and run for office.

Just saying...
Elio isn't testing an engine. They can't tell you their testing is going well unless IAV tells them. IAV may not be as transparent in the process as Elio has been.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an advisor to a number of corporations (public and private), I encourage companies to under-promise and over-deliver. No matter how you qualify or set conditions on any prediction or projection, someone will consider it an absolute promise and call you a liar if you don't meet it. A day early and a dollar under budget, you are a hero; a day late and a dollar over budget, you're a failure. So, I'll wait for hard news when it comes.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an advisor to a number of corporations (public and private), I encourage companies to under-promise and over-deliver. No matter how you qualify or set conditions on any prediction or projection, someone will consider it an absolute promise and call you a liar if you don't meet it. A day early and a dollar under budget, you are a hero; a day late and a dollar over budget, you're a failure. So, I'll wait for hard news when it comes.

Good luck getting anything concrete from Paul Elio.

Top Bottom