• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its funny that everyone thinks I'm negative for just wanting Elio to come clean. Do any of you honestly believe you'll see this thing in 2015? I'll continue to wait just like the rest of you but I fully expect another delay announcement. My Creamsicle Pom-Pom's didn't come with the T-Shirt. As a matter of fact, I didn't even get the bumper sticker. I have no problem waiting, just don't lie to me.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Its funny that everyone thinks I'm negative for just wanting Elio to come clean. Do any of you honestly believe you'll see this thing in 2015? I'll continue to wait just like the rest of you but I fully expect another delay announcement. My Creamsicle Pom-Pom's didn't come with the T-Shirt. As a matter of fact, I didn't even get the bumper sticker. I have no problem waiting, just don't lie to me.

Elio isn't lying its a projection.. Plans go wrong things happen its possible a delay might happen. I understand the time left and what needs to be done. I am all in to get an Elio regardless of time table sure sooner the better but complaining and being negative wont help anyone. I know we all would like to be keep in the loop daily but its not gonna happen information will be disseminated as they see fit.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Elio has questions of their own that need to be answered by parts supplier/partners, supportive politicians, and money handlers. How can we expect them to answer questions until they actually have the answers.
Some wouldn't believe all the answers to all the questions if Elio actually had all the answers.
Elio isn't lying its a projection.. Plans go wrong things happen its possible a delay might happen. I understand the time left and what needs to be done. I am all in to get an Elio regardless of time table sure sooner the better but complaining and being negative wont help anyone. I know we all would like to be keep in the loop daily but its not gonna happen information will be disseminated as they see fit.

This is the truth. There are many things that are simply beyond EM's reasonable control in this project and all EM can do is make a reasonable estimation of when things will happen and adapt when issues are encountered.

I can not find any evidence of Elio Motors lying about the production deadline at all but instead what I find is plenty of evidence about where their plans have been derailed by events beyond their control. As far as I can find there have only been two announced delays to this project and both had the very same cause. The cause for the delays was the outside inference encountered when trying to close on the Shreveport plant which did not end up occurring until May 1, 2014 and as a result not only cost EM time but more importantly funding opportunities which were tied to a timely closing of that deal.

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
har de har har... If there is a delay announcement, it'll be on the 15th of this month when Paul talks to Caddo Parish.

Remember the GEICO Commercial about the 'Literal Genie'?
If Paul announces a delay @ the Cado Parish meeting on the
15th it very well could extend start of production to March of 2016, or/not.......:D

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just send me a stamped self addressed envelope, And I will send you my bumper sticker if you are feeling cheated. I already gave the smiley face tee shirt to my granddaughter, so I can't help you there.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the truth. There are many things that are simply beyond EM's reasonable control in this project and all EM can do is make a reasonable estimation of when things will happen and adapt when issues are encountered.

I can not find any evidence of Elio Motors lying about the production deadline at all but instead what I find is plenty of evidence about where their plans have been derailed by events beyond their control. As far as I can find there have only been two announced delays to this project and both had the very same cause. The cause for the delays was the outside inference encountered when trying to close on the Shreveport plant which did not end up occurring until May 1, 2014 and as a result not only cost EM time but more importantly funding opportunities which were tied to a timely closing of that deal.
9izE6adiE.jpg

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY is rapidly closing ….

the snowball has left the gate, and with every day there will be more doubts , the ball will get bigger, the Internet can be your best Friend or worst Enemy !
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, if they have not secured the necessary monies to get this jumpstarted , this wonderful creation is in SERIOUS jeopardy ..

just my opinion ...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[snip]Do any of you honestly believe you'll see this thing in 2015? [/snip]
Until I hear differently from EM, yes. I believe they have every intention and valid plan to bring this to production this year. I don't believe there is any plan to lie or to purposely mislead anyone.

Top Bottom