• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/5/2015 Klsa News - Potential Elio Customers Left With Mixed Reactions After Delayed Production Dat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Your euphoria about going from 491 to 200 something was certainly short-lived!

Not really, I'm just pointing out the truth however hard it is for some to swollow. I've been an Elio cheerleader longer then most here and I want Elio to succeed. There are plenty here who are quick to defend Elio whenever something other than positive vibs are mentioned. Nothing I've said is false and more and more people are seeing the same thing. Paul (and EM) are deceptive in releasing the real possible production date to keep the reservations and investors flowing. If you honestly can't see that then, sorry.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really, I'm just pointing out the truth however hard it is for some to swollow. I've been an Elio cheerleader longer then most here and I want Elio to succeed. There are plenty here who are quick to defend Elio whenever something other than positive vibs are mentioned. Nothing I've said is false and more and more people are seeing the same thing. Paul (and EM) are deceptive in releasing the real possible production date to keep the reservations and investors flowing. If you honestly can't see that then, sorry.
I'm just messing with you.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You are right, it is rarely, but I did see an answer recently where someone said " WHEN in 2015?" and EM replied "September is the target." :)

I get that it does directly affect us reservation holders, if production starts in Sept or if it starts in 2016 sometime.

EM has stated they need to begin hiring for the assembly line approximately 6 months prior to starting production .... for a Sept 1st start that means they have to start hiring in March .... that ain't far down the road

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has stated they need to begin hiring for the assembly line approximately 6 months prior to starting production .... for a Sept 1st start that means they have to start hiring in March .... that ain't far down the road

I think March is actually the schedule for the next delay announcement.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is what I hear when I read, When will it be built.

Attachments

• are we there yet.png
    are we there yet.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 248

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think March is actually the schedule for the next delay announcement.
While that could turn out to be true, it is still the negative type comment that gets people thinking you are a hater. Negative comments and opinions are welcome and appreciated when made without presenting opinion as fact. No one knows for fact if another delay will happen until Elio announces it. Therefore it is your opinion there will be an announcement of a delay in March.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an advisor to a number of corporations (public and private), I encourage companies to under-promise and over-deliver. No matter how you qualify or set conditions on any prediction or projection, someone will consider it an absolute promise and call you a liar if you don't meet it. A day early and a dollar under budget, you are a hero; a day late and a dollar over budget, you're a failure. So, I'll wait for hard news when it comes.
I prefer the underpromise over deliver philosophy too, but in the world of a new start up company developing a new concept vehicle with all the politics and out of their direct control interests involved.......I don't think it's possible. Minor setbacks and delays should be anticipated by the pre-order community. If there is a quickstart 2015 and the next 9 months go without a glitch in all the phases leading to production........they can still meet the anticipated late 2015 production schedule. Elio is making public their best guess projections.........I give them credit for sharing the information they do.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio has questions of their own that need to be answered by parts supplier/partners, supportive politicians, and money handlers. How can we expect them to answer questions until they actually have the answers.

Some wouldn't believe all the answers to all the questions if Elio actually had all the answers.

Top Bottom