• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/16/2014 - Jalopnik.com - Six Things That Could Kill Elio Motors Before It Even Launches

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This dude showed up on Google today any body heard of him or what he does?
carbuying.jalopnik.com

Yup. this guy thinks he is a journalist. This article came out about 3 weeks ago. My opinion is, this guy (Tavarish) doesn't really care if his "piece of...work" is accurate, as long as we "click" on the links scattered throughout the article. That is where he makes his money.

Last edited:

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First we know that he does not have the knowledge he claims to have....
1. Motorcycles do have to meet emission standards, all be it not the same standards as a car but they do have standards to meet.
2. If he did any research at all he would know that the Elio does have emissions equipment, like evaporative emissions canisters, exhaust gas re-circulation, and even the staple of cleaner air technology in cars - the catalytic converter.
3. He has no idea about computerized testing and how much time these systems can save on development.
4. One of the requirements to even be considered for the loan that has been applied for is to prove that you can financially make it. ie... you have to prove you don't really need to loan in order to get the loan.
5. Seems with the number of pre-orders his view on advertising need to come into the present not the 50's
6. Then he overall proves that he does not understand the reason/purpose of the Elio at all.

In other words just one more loud mouth, yelling about a subject they have no knowledge of at all.

Last edited:

coolken

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have read the web site named six things that could kill elio motors... It was listed in Oct.. I just read it. It was good, but hope it's wrong...More or less it says Elio needs another 145 million dollars to get it started. There has been many cars or cycles that had good ideals but never made it.. Search elio motors, then six things that could kill elio motors, should be on that page. Read it & tell us what you think?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to believe they will. I am no fool . I am aware they have a hard road and this last part of the trip will be the roughest. ELIO has my support both in the heart and wallet. If ELIO is to have a fighting chance it is up to us in many ways

coolken

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Top Bottom